Chicago Fire FC hosts Inter Miami CF at SeatGeek Stadium on Saturday night, with kickoff set for 7 p.m. CT.
Fire Head Coach Ezra Hendrickson and his side will want to claim all three points as they enter the match riding a pair of draws in the team's last two outings. Miami will be rested, having had 10 days since their last match, a 1-0 defeat to the Crew in Columbus. Miami currently sits in ninth place in the Eastern Conference, with 36 points through 28 matches.
Catch broadcast coverage of tonight's match on WGN, CF97 Live, Univision Radio, and MLS LIVE's out-of-market package on ESPN+ when the opening whistle blows, and get the info on tonight's Fire starting XI and bench below:
- Three changes highlight tonight's first XI compared to last weekend's lineup against Columbus.
- Designated Player Xherdan Shaqiri is back in the starting squad after appearing as a substitute in the team's last two matches while recovering from a leg injury. The Swiss star will be joined in attacking midfield tonight by Fire Homegrown Brian Gutiérrez and Schaumburg native Chris Mueller.
- At the top of the attack, forward Jhon Durán also returns to make the 10th start and 23rd overall appearance of his first season in Chicago. He'll spell Kacper Przybyłko tonight, who is out with a back injury.
- In holding midfield tonight, Federico Navarro represents the third Fire change to the lineup after being an unused substitution last weekend. He'll partner with Mauricio Pineda to help shield the Fire defensive back line this evening.
- Riding back-to-back clean sheets, the Fire defensive unit remains unchanged tonight. Captain Rafael Czichos will partner with Carlos Terán centrally, while Boris Sekulić and Miguel Navarro will patrol things out wide.
- 18-year-old goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina backstops the unit, making his team-leading 30th start of the season and looking to secure his 13th clean sheet of the campaign.
- Available to Hendrickson as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Spencer Richey, defender Jonathan Bornstein, defender Kendall Burks, defender Jhon Espinoza, defender Andre Reynolds II, midfielder Javier Casas Jr., midfielder Sergio Oregel Jr., forward Victor Bezerra and forward Alex Monis.
- Defender Wyatt Omsberg (left foot), midfielder Gastón Giménez (right thigh), midfielder Jairo Torres (left lower leg), forward Fabian Herbers (right hip), forward Stanislav Ivanov (right quad), and forward Kacper Przybyłko (back) are unavailable for selection tonight.
Get a look at Miami’s starting lineup below as it becomes available: