Chicago Fire head coach Veljko Paunovic has revealed his Starting XI presented by AT&T for his side's first-ever visit to LAFC and Banc of California Stadium Saturday night (9:30 PM CT, ESPN+). Take a closer look at tonight's squad:
- Przemysław Frankowski is set to make his fourth start of 2019 and his first since the Club's win over the New York Red Bulls on March 30. Frankowski has appeared off the bench in each of the last two matches while returning to full fitness following a groin injury sustained in early April.
- Four Fire players extended their status as the members of the squad to start every match this season (10): Dax McCarty, David Ousted, CJ Sapong and Bastian Schweinsteiger.
- Ten games into his first season in Chicago, Sapong enters the night with a team-leading four goals on the year.
- Ousted has made one prior appearance against the second-year MLS club from Los Angeles. Ousted anchored D.C. United's squad in a 1-1 draw at Banc of California Stadium back on May 26, 2018, making five saves along the way.
- Midfielder Djordje Mihailović, who scored the opening goal in the Fire's 3-1 home win over LAFC last September, tonight makes his fourth straight start and eighth overall this season.
- The Fire's other two goal-scorers from that victory, Nemanja Nikolić and Aleksandar Katai, tonight will make their ninth and eighth starts of 2019, respectively.
- Defender Johan Kappelhof, the longest-tenured player on the Fire roster, tonight makes his 104th career MLS regular season appearance and 102nd start.
- Acquired via trade on Friday, defender Francisco Calvo is available for selection off the bench tonight against LAFC. Calvo will wear No. 5 with the Men In Red.
- Defender Marcelo was among the Fire players ruled out for tonight's match (thigh). It is the second straight game missed by the Brazilian centerback.
View the full Starting XI and bench in the graphic below: