Spend your Saturday afternoon at Soldier Field for Chicago Sports Day and the team’s historic home match against MLS expansion side St. Louis CITY SC on Saturday, May 13th at 12:00pm.
Fans attending the match can find all the information needed to ensure a fun, safe, and smooth matchday experience on Saturday afternoon in this week’s Matchday Guide, presented by The Blackstone Hotel, below:
NEW! PARK VIA SPOTHERO: Book convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation's leading parking reservations app.To reserve your parking spot, click here to visit the Chicago Fire SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot.
ADDITIONAL PARKING: Fans are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase their discounted parking passes in order to ensure a more seamless garage entry on busy matchdays. Parking passes can be purchased online for $30 (Season Ticket Holder rate) or $35 for vehicles (plus applicable fees).
NO BAGS: No bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, 4.5" x 6" small clutch and ADA/medical bags. Diaper bags and supplies can be carried in a clear bag the meets the stadium size restrictions.
From the South end of the Stadium - utilize the staircase in the South Courtyard (Gate 0) near the Doughboy Statue that leads to the east Colonnades. From the Colonnades, take the stairs or escalators to the 200 or 300 level of the United Club.
From the North end of the stadium - fans will be directed from Gate 38 and United Club north doors to the north staircase of the east Colonnades. From the Colonnades, take the stairs or escalators to the 200 or 300 level of the United Club.
Please note there will not be access to 100-level of United Club all match, and the staircases from the mezzanine concourse to the United Club will be closed. Stadium and Club staff will be assisting fans to both the south and north ends to the Colonnades and any fan requiring ADA assistance will be provided assistance to designated elevators
#CHIvSTL MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 9:00 AM - Parking lots and Box Office open
- 10:00 AM - Gate 0 opens and South Courtyard Fan Activation begin
- 10:30 AM - All other stadium gates open
- 12:00 PM - Kickoff vs. St. Louis CITY SC
AT THE MATCH:
- Chicago Sports Day: A celebration of Chicago’s major sports teams, with team mascots, trophies, specialty merchandise and Chicago athlete appearances.
- Giveaways and Specialty Merchandise: The first 5,000 fans who enter Soldier Field will receive a one-of-a-kind Fire-themed hockey jersey. Additionally, fans will be able to purchase specialty “CHI>STL” branded t-shirts. The Chicago Fire’s own DJ Tess will be challenging fans to Chicago sports trivia for some awesome prizes.
- Special Appearances: 11 am -12 pm in the South Courtyard: Chicago Sports Day will feature special appearances by Chicago sports athletes and alumni. Athletes and alumni currently scheduled to appear include Fire alumnus and U.S. Men’s National Team star Brian McBride; current Bears defensive tackle, Andrew Billings; current Bears cornerback, Joshua Blackwell; former Bears linebacker and ESPN analyst, Sam Acho; former Bears cornerback, Jerry Azumah; former Chicago Bulls shooting guard and NBC Sports Chicago analyst, Kendall Gill; former DePaul men’s basketball star and No. 1 overall pick in the 1981 NBA Draft, Mark Aguirre; former DePaul Men's Basketball star, Bobby Simmons; former Northwestern Football linebacker and current Illinois State Senator, Napoleon Harris; former White Sox leftfielder and designated hitter, Ron Kittle; and a player from the Chicago Red Stars. These players and legends will be recognized in a special halftime presentation.
- Match Presentation: The National Anthem will be performed by longtime Blackhawks anthem singer Jim Cornelison, and in-game entertainment will include performances by the Chicago Bucket Boys, who regularly appear at Chicago Bulls games. Fans will hear familiar music from other stadiums throughout the game including the Bulls intro for the Starting XI, Blackhawks goal song “Chelsea Dagger,” and Sound of Chicagoland storytelling “Go Cubs Go.”
- Matchday Activations: Soldier Field will be getting in the Chicago Sports Day spirit, with pennants from Chicago’s sports teams in the South Courtyard. Supporters will get the opportunity to have their photograph taken with the Bulls six NBA Championship trophies, test their shot with a pop-up basketball game, hang out with Windy City Bulls Mascot Gus T. Bull, and grab some Windy City Bulls giveaways! The Chicago Red Stars Mascot Supernova will also be on hand to pass out some goodies! Hit the concessions stands for special Chicago Sports-themed nachos in helmets. Families should stop by the Kids Zone where kids can create signs and design the logos of their favorite Chicago teams.
Fans can visit the new flagship Chicago Fire FC Team Shop at Soldier Field near Second Star Pub in the South Courtyard. In addition, the Fire Merch Truck will be parked outside the Waldron Deck before the match starting at 10:00 a.m. and after the match. Merchandise will also be available in a pop-up store outside section 150. Discounts for Saturday’s match include select Men’s and Women’s t-shirts for on $19.97, $60 Team Travel Hoodie, and $10 soccer balls at the Fire Merch Truck post-match
THE ALL-NEW FIRE MOBILE APP: Be sure to download the new Chicago Fire app to elevate your experience at Soldier Field on matchday. Access your tickets, an enhanced match center, and interactive matchday activities like the halftime L-Train Race, the Second Half Song Vote, and our new "Rate The Player" feature.
GOING CASHLESS: Chicago Fire matches will be cashless for the 2023 season. All merchandise stands, concession stands and vendors will only accept credit, debit, Apple Pay or prepaid cards. Fans can transfer cash for prepaid cards at the Team Shop.
HAZY PITCH AND HEINEKEN:
Both of the Club’s partner beers will be available throughout Soldier Field. Find them at the Second Star Pub (inside the South Courtyard at Gate 0), The Midway Club, and at locations throughout the stadium.