Chicago Fire FC are set for the fourth and final match of their current homestand at Soldier Field, as Orlando City SC come to town for a nationally-televised contest on Wednesday night.
Head coach Raphael Wicky's group enter the match coming out of one of the brightest performances of the season, a 3-0 home victory over Atlanta United on Saturday. Orlando - currently in second place in the Eastern Conference - suffered just their second defeat of the season over the weekend in a 2-1 home defeat to the New York Red Bulls.
As you prepare for tonight's kickoff on Twitter (English Audio), UniMás, and TUDN, get the scoop on how Wicky will deploy his side with the lineup notes below:
- Zero changes have been made to the lineup that beat Atlanta United at home on Saturday.
- After earning MLS Player of the Week honors for his brace and assist over the weekend, Ignacio Aliseda slots back into the opening XI for his fifth-straight start.
- Aliseda also earned a spot on the MLS Team of the Week following his performance, and was joined on the league's weekly best XI by Álvaro Medrán, who makes his 35th career appearance for the Fire.
- In his first start since returning from EURO 2020 with Poland, Przemysław Frankowski scored the third and final goal for the Fire against Atlanta on Saturday. He's back in the squad Wednesday night against Orlando, making his 59th regular season appearance.
- Defender Jonathan Bornstein will anchor the back line as captain for the second-straight match while Francisco Calvo is away on Gold Cup duty with Costa Rica. He'll once again partner centrally with Mauricio Pineda and Johan Kappelhof.
- Supporting the defensive unit out wide are Miguel Navarro and Boris Sekulić, who makes his 33rd-straight start for the Fire dating back to the 2020 season.
- They'll look to help make it consecutive clean sheets in front of the home crowd alongside goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, who picked up the 47th shutout of his MLS career against Atlanta.
- Midfielder Fabian Herbers will take the field as a starter tonight and stands on the brink of an MLS milestone, earning his 99th regular season appearance tonight.
- Forward Robert Berić will lead the attacking unit from the forward position this evening, making his 35th career appearance for the Fire.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, defender Wyatt Omsberg, defender Jhon Espinoza, midfielder Gastón Giménez, midfielder Luka Stojanović, midfielder Javier Casas Jr., midfielder Brian Gutiérrez, midfielder Elliot Collier, and forward Chinonso Offor.
- Defender Francisco Calvo (Costa Rica) is unavailable for selection tonight due to international duty.
- Midfielder Stanislav Ivanov (left knee), defender Carlos Terán (right shin), and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at both team's starting lineups as they're available in the graphics below: