A third-straight match away from home awaits Chicago Fire FC on Saturday night, as they prepare to take on the New York Red Bulls at 5 p.m. CT.
Head coach Raphael Wicky's side are in the middle of a six-game road swing, and will look to pick up three points coming out of a pair of defeats in Florida to Inter Miami CF and Orlando City SC last week. These two sides met last just 20 days ago, when the Fire were 2-1 victors at Soldier Field on Aug. 8. The Red Bulls enter the match two points above the Fire in the Eastern Conference standings, currently in 11th place.
With kickoff a hour away on WGN-TV, CFFC Live, TUDN 1200AM, and MLS LIVE's out-of-market package on ESPN+, get the details on how Wicky will deploy his squad tonight below:
- A pair of changes have been made to last weekend's lineup in Orlando. Jonathan Bornstein returns to the starting XI, and will wear the captain's armband this evening in lieu of Francisco Calvo. Also back in the squad is Brian Gutiérrez, who makes his first start since June 19 in place of Stanislav Ivanov.
- Luka Stojanović scored two goals within the game's first eight minutes in the Fire's 2-1 win against the Red Bulls earlier this month. earning MLS Player of the Week honors for his efforts. He remains in the starting lineup at Red Bull Arena tonight, joined by Gastón Giménez, Fabian Herbers, and Gutiérrez in midfield.
- Miguel Navarro was named Heineken Man of the Match last weekend in Orlando in what was his first start since July 24 after recovering from a right shin injury. He'll line up along the touchline opposite Boris Sekulić out wide this evening.
- Forward Robert Berić took a season-high six shots against Orlando last weekend, and will look to find the back of the net atop the attacking unit at Red Bull Arena tonight. He starts for a third-straight match.
- Mauricio Pineda and Carlos Terán will join Bornstein in central defense tonight, as the budding defensive tandem now start together for the fifth-straight time.
- Goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth will man the 18-yard box for the Fire tonight, making the 219th regular season start of his MLS career.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, defender Johan Kappelhof, defender Francisco Calvo, defender Wyatt Omsberg, defender Jhon Espinoza, midfielder Álvaro Medrán, forward Stanislav Ivanov, forward Elliot Collier, and forward Chinonso Offor.
- Midfielder Ignacio Aliseda (calf) and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at the Red Bulls' starting lineup below as it becomes available: