Click to expand
Getting to Soldier Field
Parking on matchday is $35 (cash or credit) for vehicles and $160 for buses. Please click here for our parking and directions page.
Parking can be purchased through Soldier Field's direct portal at https://soldierfield.clickandpark.com/ or by downloading the ParkMobile app and purchasing there.
Mobile ticketing for parking is recommended. Fans should download their QR code before arriving to the stadium.
Parking lots open three hours prior to kick.
Disabled patrons may be dropped off on the circle drive (east side of the stadium) on Museum Campus Drive outside Gate 14. An ADA placard or license plate must be visible to the police and parking attendants, and the person to whom the placard or license plate is registered must be an occupant of the vehicle in order to access the Gate 14 drop-off.
Locations – Near Gates 7 & 14, the Waldron Deck & Field Museum. The stadium is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
The Transportation Center, (a.k.a. “East Museum Lot”) at the corner of McFetridge and Museum Campus Drive, is where CTA bus services will be available for fans’ drop-off and pick-up.
- Metra Commuter Trains: For more information regarding schedules, locations, and fares, log on to Metrarail.com or call (312) 322-6777.
- South Shore Line: The South Shore Metra line runs trains on the Metra Electric Line from South Bend, Indiana to downtown Chicago. For more information, log on to NICTD.com or call (312) 322-6777.
- CTA - Buses and ‘L’ Trains: Soldier Field can be reached on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express buses.
- To exit Soldier Field after the match, board the #146 buses along the west side of the Transportation Center (“East Museum Lot”) at the corner of McFetridge and Museum Campus Drive, just northeast of the stadium.
- The Red, Orange, and Green Lines stop at Roosevelt Station, between State Street and Wabash Avenue, where transfers can be made to the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express bus or walk east on Roosevelt Road through Museum Campus to the stadium.
- For more information on CTA, log on to TransitChicago.com.
- Uber, Taxi Cabs and Ride Sharing: The designated pre-match drop-off locations are at the 18th St. turnaround just west of Lake Shore Drive and on Balbo Dr. at Columbus Dr. Post-match pick-up location is ONLY on Balbo Drive at Columbus Drive north of Soldier Field (subject to change).
For all events at Soldier Field, All-Clear Bag Policy is in place. Approved bags are limited to:
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12"x 6"x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, no larger than 4.5”x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- Medical bags/kits are acceptable but must be searched and approved by security and EMS
- Management reserves the right to inspect, search or seize any item carried into Soldier Field. Violators will be denied access, evicted or arrested at management's discretion.
Banners, Flags, and Signs
Banners, flags, and signs (collectively, “Banners”) are permitted within the stadium provided they comply with the following requirements:
- All banners, flags, and signage will be inspected before entry to the stadium to ensure there are no safety concerns and compliance with the below requirements
- Banners must be event-related and may not be commercial or political in nature; Banners may not include advertisements, logos or political endorsements/slogans
- Banners may not contain images, words or other information that is (or could be construed as being) derogatory, obscene, profane, indecent, vulgar, offensive, graphic, dangerous, inappropriate, objectionable or in “poor taste”
- Banners may not interfere with the view or enjoyment of others
- Banners may not be attached to a pole or any other object that could cause harm to others
- Banners may not be constructed of wood, metal or any other material that could cause harm to others
- Banners may not be larger than 3 feet by 5 feet, if they are hung, or 3 feet by 3 feet, if they are held in hand, unless otherwise approved by stadium management
- Banners (or parts thereof) may not be used as projectiles
- Banners may be hung only with the permission of stadium management. If approved, Banners may be hung only with rope, string or plastic ties and may not block any existing signage or vent, or damage any stadium walls, paint, railings, glass, etc.
- Stadium Management reserves the right to remove and confiscate any banner at any time for any reason.
Binoculars, Cameras & Recording Devices
Hand-held binoculars are permitted, but binocular cases are prohibited. Professional cameras and video recording devices are not permitted in the stadium without the user holding proper media credentials. Photos cannot be used for any commercial purpose without the express written consent
All children 2 years old and older require a ticket to gain admission to stadium events.
Gates open 90 Minutes prior to kick. Fans must enter the assigned gate that is noted on their digital ticket.
For the comfort and safety of all guests the following items are not permitted to be brought into the stadium:
- Weapons/firearms (insert no-firearm logo)
- Alcoholic beverages and “Palcohol” (Powdered Alcohol)
- Any bag, case or purse other than the Stadium approved and searched medical bags
- Seat cushions with zippered covers, pockets or flaps
- Balloons and beach balls
- Cameras with lenses that exceed 6” when fully extended
- Cans, bottles, or other beverage containers
- Clothing or signage with offensive or vulgar language or that blocks fans’ view
- Fireworks, smoke bombs
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pens and pointers
- Noise-making devices (i.e. horns, whistles, etc.)
- Poles of any kind, including selfie-sticks
- Video or movie cameras
- Smoking cigarettes, using smokeless cigarettes, e-cigarettes or chewing smokeless tobacco
- Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (“Drones”)
- Any coolers and ice chests (includes soft sided)
Soldier Field Stadium has a "no re-entry" policy during events. Guests who wish to return a prohibited item to their vehicle or need to exit and re-enter due to a personal emergency (i.e. to retrieve medicine from their vehicle) must first make contact with a Guest Services Supervisor to make arrangements. Guests who need to escort a service animal to an animal relief area are allowed re-entry to the facility. All such guests should notify a Guest Services Supervisor prior to exiting the facility to ensure Re-Entry.
The Smoke-Free Illinois Act prohibits smoking in Soldier Field for Fire matches. There are no designated smoking areas inside or outside the stadium and re-entry is prohibited. The smoking policy will be strictly enforced. Violators are subject to ejection. Repeated violations can result in the forfeiting of season ticket privileges. Using smokeless or e-cigarettes, vaping, and chewing smokeless tobacco are also prohibited.
In order to prevent potentially dangerous situations, strollers are not allowed into Soldier Field. Strollers may be checked at Gate 10 outside of the stadium.
Tailgating is allowed on the upper level of the Waldron Deck. Party set-ups and grills that exceed the one designated parking space are prohibited. Tailgate set-ups cannot block vehicles entering or exiting the parking lots; set-ups in violation will be removed. Open containers of alcohol are not permitted outside of the parking lots or on the surrounding parkland. Parking lots open three hours prior to kick. Tailgating ends at the start of the match and tailgating during the match or after is prohibited.
All fans ages two and up are required to have a ticket for entry.
All tickets will be digital and access from your mobile device.
On matchdays, the Ticket Office will be open three (3) hours prior to kick and is located on the southeast side of the stadium. Additional customer service booth is located at Gate 2.
The phone number for Chicago Fire ticket sales is 1-888-MLS-FIRE.
Umbrellas are NOT permitted inside of Soldier Field Stadium as they interfere with another guests’ enjoyment of the match. Security on matchdays will request that you return your umbrella to your vehicle or locker, otherwise it will be confiscated at the gate.
- All tickets are mobile. Fans should download tickets via the CFFC mobile app before arriving at the stadium.
- Only digital tickets will be accepted at Soldier Field.
- The general public can purchase tickets by calling the Fire front office at 888-MLS-FIRE, using Ticketmaster, or visiting the CFFC mobile app.
- For assistance with mobile ticketing, please click here.
- For assistance with tickets on matchday, visit the Gate 10 box office.
- Ticket transfer or resale will be allowed via Ticketmaster account manager.
- As part of your ticket purchase, you will be required to acknowledge the 2021 Chicago Fire FC Ticket Terms and Conditions.
- COVID-19 Assumption of Risks:
- Fans attending matches must follow all stadium and club policies, including health and safety policies and posted instructions while in Soldier Field and on Soldier Field grounds. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering Soldier Field and its grounds, fans will voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Fans must also commit to the Club’s COVID-19 Health Promise that they will stay at home if they have any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 or are subject to any COVID-19 travel or quarantine advisories.
Drinking alcohol on the public way and surrounding parklands is prohibited and violators are subject to arrest or citation from the Chicago Police Department. Individuals must be 21 years of age or older and show proper identification to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages. There is a maximum of two alcoholic beverages per purchase from a concession stand, portable or in-seat vendor. Guests may be in possession of a maximum of two alcoholic beverages at one time. Alcohol sales begin two hours prior to kick and are discontinued at the 75th minute or earlier at the discretion of stadium management.
Security Personnel & Text Assistance
Security personnel wearing red are located throughout the stadium. Monterrey Security provides security at all events If you are experiencing a problem with another patron or have a safety concern, please do not take matters into your own hands. Bring the situation to the attention of the nearest Soldier Field Stadium staff member. For security/assistance, Text “SOLDIER” < space > THE ISSUE AND LOCATION to 69050.
Lost Children & Missing Persons
Lost children and missing persons will be escorted to the Gate 1 Guest Services office. A staff member will be present to handle the report of a lost child and assist with locating their parent or guardian. Identification wrist bands for children are available at all Guest Services booths.
First Aid / Medical Services
Soldier Field First Aid Stations are in the following areas:
- Inside Gate 17 on the Grand Concourse
- Section 304 – United Club
There are several roving medical teams throughout the stadium.
Should there be an immediate need to evacuate the stadium, fans will be given instructions via the public-address system and/or the video board. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the two exits nearest to your seats. An evacuation plan video will be displayed on the video boards pre-match to educate fans. Click here for routes:
- MEZZANINE LEVEL:
- Sections 101 through 108 or 154 and 155…proceed up to the Mezzanine concourse, turn right or left and continue toward the northeast corner of the stadium and exit through the east gates. In Sections 110 through 153… proceed up to the Mezzanine Concourse and turn right or left to the nearest stairs or ramp, down to the Grand Concourse and exit out the nearest gate.
- THE MIDWAY:
- Exit the Midway, turn right or left and down the nearest stairs to the Grand Concourse and out the nearest gate.
- MEDIA DECK LEVEL:
- Sections 228 through 246… proceed up to the Media Deck Concourse, turn right or left and exit down the ramp or stairs in the southwest or west side of the stadium. Continue to the Grand Concourse and exit out the south or west gates.
- END ZONE LEVELS:
- Sections 248 through 256, proceed either up or down your aisle to the north Colonnade Level concourse, turn either right or left and exit out the nearest gate. In Sections 218 through 226 and proceed either up or down your aisle to the South Colonnade Level concourse, turn either right or left to the nearest ramp or stairs and down to exit out the nearest gate.
- UNITED CLUB LEVELS:
- Sections 202 through 216… proceed up to the United Club 200 Level Concourse, turn right or left and exit down through the nearest stairs to ground level, out through the east gates.
- SKYLINE SUITE OR PRESS BOX:
- Exit out through the back of the press box or Suite, turn either right or left to the nearest stairs down to the East Colonnade concourse and proceed to the East Colonnade exterior stairs. Continue down to ground level. In the Proven IT Skyline Suite, you have the option of taking the stairwell inside the suite down to the Promenade Level. From there, proceed down the nearest staircase to ground level and out through the south gates.
- GUEST WITH A DISABILITY:
- If you require assistance, please see the nearest usher. Our usher staff has been trained to assist you to the nearest exit or Area of Refuge during an evacuation. Once you have left the stadium, proceed as far away from the gates as possible.
Theme Nights and Giveaways
Chicago Fire FC invites fans to experience all the ways we're making matchdays at Soldier Field special. Click here for information on all the upcoming theme nights and giveaways that highlight our 2021 home schedule.
Starting XI Flag Raising
It's one of the most anticipated moments of any matchday: The unveiling of the 11 Fire players who've been chosen to give all they have for three points at home. Be at Gate 7 on the south-west side of Soldier Field prior to every match and join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez to shout the players last names as the Starting XI flags are raised 60 minutes before kickoff.
There are few places in our city where you can find this level of excitement, noise and visual stimulation around any game, and we hope you have an interest in joining the fray with CFFC’s supporters in 2021. Click Here to Learn More.
Get to your seats early to welcome the team to the pitch. Experience the intro video and wave your flag as the pyro welcomes the players to the field. Shouts the players name for the Starting XI. Don’t miss the experience that is uniquely Chicago. To stay up-to-date on things like theme nights, giveaways, special offers, and more, be sure to read our Matchday Guide series published prior to each home match.
Children are the future of our city, our league and our sport. As part of the move to Soldier Field, Chicago Fire FC is committed to providing special moments for families and kids of all ages. Sit in the Kid’s Section in Section 256 and pick up your free Sparky flag before the match. Sign up today for the FREE Chicago Fire FC Kids Club.
We want to hear from our fans and guests at Soldier Field. Positive or negative, large or small - any amount of feedback can help our Club improve the matchday experience for you and others like you at Soldier Field. Matchday surveys are conducted via email after all home matches, and fans are always welcome to submit general feedback directly to our Fan Experience specialists by clicking here.
Whether you're looking for the perfect meet-up location to start your matchday or a spot near Soldier Field to celebrate three points, the Chicago Fire FC Pub Partner network is a go-to resource for all Fire fans. Click here for a list of 26 pubs in 16 neighborhoods who've opted into the network for 2020, places where Fire fans can gather and enjoy MLS and the beautiful game the world over.
Stadium Amenities & Guest Services
Animals or pets are not permitted at Soldier Field Stadium, with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities.
Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
ATMs are conveniently located in the following areas throughout the stadium campus:
- Outside - North Garage at the west entry lobby, outside Gate 10.
- Inside - Sections 101, 117, 128, 138, Gate 38 and South Courtyard
The Chicago Fire Football Club and Soldier Field are committed to meeting the needs of our guests with disabilities, and we welcome members of our disabled community to the stadium, which is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Locations – South Courtyard, Sections 103, 128, United Club 100 Level (north and south)
Locations – Sections 121, 146, 154, 202 and 216.
Food & Beverages
Aramark is the exclusive food and beverage concessionaire at Soldier Field. Please see the list here for items offered and locations.
We strive to be CHAMPS for our fans and create the most enjoyable fan experience in MLS.
To assist with questions and listen to fans’ concerns, Chicago Fire FC CHAMPS Ambassadors will be stationed at three Guest Services booths located in Sections 119 and 138. The Guest Services staff will also be roving the concourses throughout the stadium to provide added customer service. Among the services provided are the Designated Driver program, children identification wristbands, commemorative “First Fire Match” and Birthday Buttons and feedback forms. Fans can also recognize any staff member for providing service that exceeds expectations by nominating them for a CHAMP of the Match.
For security/assistance, Text “SOLDIER” < space > THE ISSUE AND LOCATION to 69050.
Lost and Found
During the match lost and found is located at the Gate 1 Guest Services office; after the match, all lost items found will be taken to the Soldier Field management office at Gate 14. The item will be held by stadium management for 30 days before being discarded. To claim your item, please call (312) 235-7000.
Located in the South Courtyard and First Aid Offices inside Gate 17
Soldier Field provides free Wi-Fi stadium wide to all patrons in all areas of the stadium.