In conjunction with Major League Soccer’s commitment to returning to play in the safest manner possible in local markets, Chicago Fire FC will adhere to the following media rules and protocols for all matches at Soldier Field during the 2020 season. Please note that due to the unique circumstances surrounding the 2020 season, Chicago Fire FC, MLS and local health officials have placed strict policies to create a safe environment to minimize the risk of COVID-19 at Soldier Field. Media members who refuse to follow these protocols will result in loss of stadium access and credential revocation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
To minimize the risk of COVID-19 at Soldier Field, please be mindful of the following:
- All approved media members will be required to undergo a temperature check and complete a Standardized Screening Questionnaire each matchday prior to being granted entry to Soldier Field. Temperature checks will be completed at media will call which is located at the ticket booth located outside Gate 10.
- A face mask will be required at all times on site. All face masks need to cover the nose and mouth at all times. Chicago Fire FC reserves the rights to approve all face masks, and to prohibit or disallow any masks deemed unacceptable. Face masks will be made available to media upon request.
- Media members must maintain physical distancing from one another and others whenever possible inside Soldier Field. Congregating will be prohibited.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout Soldier Field. Media members are encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently.
- Please restrict your movement to your assigned work location and only use designated restrooms.
- All media members will be given Tier 3 credentialing to Soldier Field.
- Previously issued 2020 Chicago Fire FC Season Credentials will be honored in a limited capacity. Please email Elizabeth Sanchez (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your attendance.
- Due to the limited number of occupancy, we ask that only one media member per print and online outlets RSVP to accommodate seating.
- All media members approved entry to Soldier Field will receive a wristband after completing temperature check and submitting the Standardized Screening Questionnaire.
- Media access will begin two hours prior to kickoff. Media must leave Soldier Field no later than one hour following the conclusion of the match.
- Per MLS protocols, access to the field, locker room, interview room, concourse, stadium seats and clubs is prohibited.
- Print and online media members will be assigned a seat in the press box with greater spacing between seats to adhere with individual local and state regulations and CDC guidelines on physical distancing.
- The photo work room will be located in the press box and will adhere to the same physical distancing guidelines.
- All media members will be escorted to their assigned workspace. Media members are not permitted to roam the stadium and must remain in their assigned location for the duration of their time at Soldier Field.
- Per MLS protocols, media members will not have direct access to players, coaches, Club delegation members or other Tier 1 or Tier 2 individuals at any point.
- No cameras or media members are permitted on the field during warmups or in technical areas.
- All approved matchday media members will provide their name to the parking attendant at Waldron Deck.
- Media parking will take place on the Waldron Deck.
- TV crews may park outside Gate 14 for an exterior hit. For interior hits, TV crews must park on the Waldron Deck.
- All media members must wear an appropriate face mask during the entire entrance screening process and while walking through the parking lot to the doors of Soldier Field.
MEDIA WILL CALL / ENTRANCE
- For the remainder of the 2020 season, Media Will Call will be at the ticket booth located outside Gate 10.
- After credential pickup and the screening process, media will be escorted to their assigned locations in the press box using the back of house hallway from Gate 14.
- Media will be escorted out of Soldier Field one hour after the conclusion of the match.
- All media information will be available online via the Chicago Fire FC Press Kit, the MLS Media Resources page and MatchCenter.
- No printed information media materials will be available.
MEDIA AVAILABILITIES AND POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE
- Media availability will be provided two days prior to each game via video conference calls. Additional information will be emailed to media members in advance of each call.
- Matchday Minus Two
- Head coach Raphael Wicky and two players will be available via video conference call at each matchday minus two press conference.
- Head Coach Raphael Wicky and two players will be available via video conference call at each postgame press conference.
- All media members attending the match at Soldier Field will participate in the postgame conference virtually from their assigned seats. Media not in attendance are welcome to attend the postgame media availability via video conference and can receive the link via RSVP to Jhamie Chin (email@example.com).
- Players and coaches will be made available to media approximately 15 minutes after the final whistle of each match.
- Matchday Minus Two
- Media members are required to wear face masks while participating in virtual interviews from inside Soldier Field at their assigned seats.
- Players and coaches will be required to wear face masks for all media interviews.
- All press conferences will be recorded and will be available via a media assets email.
- All media members are prohibited from entering the locker room of either Club for interviews, filming or any other purpose.
PRINT MEDIA GUIDELINES
- Print and online media will be assigned a seat in the press box.
- Wireless internet will be available in the press box.
- The press box will be restricted to only Tier 3 credentialed media members and select club personnel.
- Access to the field, locker room, interview room, concourse, stadium seats and club areas is prohibited. Media members are not permitted to roam the stadium and must remain in their assigned location during the duration of their time at Soldier Field.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHER GUIDELINES
- Photographers will be permitted on-site two hours prior to kickoff and must leave Soldier Field no later than one hour after the conclusion of the match.
- Photographers will have a photo workspace located in the press box with tables, power and internet.
- All photographers will be required to wear a bib provided by Chicago Fire FC. Bibs will be checked out in the press box and will be required to be used at every game attended. Season long credentialed photographers must launder their own bibs and return them at the end of the season.
- There will be no field access. Photographers will be able to shoot the game from assigned positions in the north end zone (sections 150-153) and south end zone (sections 121-124) in rows 4 and above, which is the regulated 20 feet mandated distance from the field touchline at Soldier Field. Positions are subject to the minimum distance requirements.
- In order for photographers to get to the end zones from the press box, photographers will take the elevator down to the concourse.
- Photographers must stay in a fixed position during run of play and must maintain physical distanced space between themselves and others at all times.
- Exterior hits may take place outside Gate 0. TV crews can film interior shots at the top of sections 101 and 146.
- There will be no access to the field of play, field level or player tunnel areas.
- Crews will be required to follow health and safety guidelines, including physical distancing and PPE.