Chicago Fire FC's roster stayed intact following the completion of Tuesday's 2020 MLS Expansion Draft, in which soon-to-be MLS newcomers Austin FC added five new players to their inaugural roster.
The selections made by Austin FC Sporting Director Claudio Reyna and his staff were as follows:
- Danny Hoesen (Forward, San Jose Earthquakes)
- Jared Stroud (Midfielder, New York Red Bulls)
- Brady Scott (Goalkeeper, Nashville SC)
- Joe Corona (Midfielder, LA Galaxy)
- Kamal Miller (Defender, Orlando City SC)
The Fire protected 12 players in advance of the Expansion Draft, an opportunity given to all 16 clubs with players who were eligible for selection. MLS Homegrown Players ages 25 and under (those born during or after 1995), as well as Generation adidas players that did not graduate from the program following the 2020 season are automatically protected, therefore clubs did not need to use one of their 12 selections to protect them.
The following 10 clubs were exempt from this year’s draft after having a player selected in the 2019 MLS Expansion Draft: Atlanta United FC, Columbus Crew SC, FC Cincinnati, Los Angeles FC, Minnesota United FC, New England Revolution, New York City FC, Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC and Sporting Kansas City.
The league's slate of offseason roster-building events continue with the key dates below:
- Dec. 16: End-of-Year Waivers (12 p.m. CT)
- Dec. 16: Free Agency Opens (12 p.m. CT)
- Dec. 17: Re-Entry Process, Stage 1 (12 p.m. CT)
- Dec. 22: Re-Entry Process, Stage 2 (10 a.m. CT)
Click here for more details on the league's 2020 offseason calendar.