After more than a month away, Chicago Fire FC returns home at last on Saturday to face D.C. United and kick off a full summer of matches at Soldier Field.
As well as looking for three points in front of the home fans, Saturday’s 7 p.m. CT kickoff will additionally feature several pre-match and in-match festivities honoring Juneteenth the following day.
Fans planning to attend the match can find the latest information parking, safety, and stadium policies below, as well as additional highlights of fun things to expect throughout their Soldier Field experience in our Matchday Guide, presented by The Blackstone Hotel:
RECEIVE DISCOUNTED RATES WITH PRE-PURCHASED PARKING: Fans are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase their discounted parking passes in order to ensure a more seamless garage entry on busy matchdays. Parking passes can be purchased online for $30 (Season Ticket Holder rate) or $35 for vehicles (plus applicable fees). Fans can also take advantage of a brand-new bike valet, which begins this Saturday. Read on for details.
Click here to view parking information and directions to Soldier Field by car, public transportation, or rideshare, as well as details on our free shuttle from the Roosevelt CTA station on matchdays.
STADIUM SAFETY: View all the information needed to make your trip to Soldier Field a smooth one, including our stadium entry policies, safety information, amenities, guest services and more by clicking here to visit our Soldier Field Matchday Guide.
NO BAGS: No bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, 4.5" x 6" small clutch, ADA/medical bags and manufactured diaper bags.
#CHIvDC MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 4:00 PM - Parking lots and Burnham Downs open
- 5:30 PM - Stadium gates open
- 7:00 PM - Kickoff vs. D.C. United
As part of a league-wide series of initiatives to celebrate Juneteenth – the historic date commemorating the emancipation of enslaved African-Americans in the U.S. - this weekend’s match will showcase a number of events and activities related to the day. Here’s what to look out for both before and during the match:
- Before the match, visit the Club’s pregame tailgate at Burnham Downs where the Black Fires supporter group and the Urban Football League will have a table to spread awareness about local Black-owned businesses
- Also at Burnham Downs, Myron Laban - a local artist - will be creating a mural inspired by ABLA Home (Chicago Housing Authority).
- Upon entering the match, pick up a limited-edition Juneteenth-themed roster card print by TGi Movement founder and activist Devonta Boston. Boston will additionally be on-hand at Burnham Downs prior to match for a meet-and-greet with fans and to sign select copies of the roster card design.
- Prior to the kickoff, the singing of ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing’ (the Black National Anthem) by Chicago performer Liberty Clay will take place alongside the national anthem.
- Chicago Bears draft pick Kyler Gordon serving as the Club’s Firestarter, signaling the team’s walkout with a new flag-waving tradition.
During the match, Fire players - alongside the rest of the league - will wear jerseys featuring Juneteenth-inspired numbers designed by Tiffany Judah Middleton, a Black queer artist from Childersburg, Alabama. Middleton, who now resides in Brooklyn, N.Y., created the numbers – a vibrant yellow, green, and red color palette, to represent the blood, soil and prosperity of Africa and its people.
In addition to their table at Burnham Downs, be sure to stop by Black Fires Juneteenth tailgate in the South Lot before the match. Parking space is limited, so arriving as early as possible is recommended.
DECK OF CARDS GIVEAWAY
Alongside the commemorative Juneteenth roster card, fans entering Soldier Field on Saturday can also collect a special Fire-themed deck of playing cards. Be sure to get in early, as only 5,000 decks of cards will be available!
Fans are encouraged to visit each of our three fan zones set up at Soldier Field before each home match - The North Side Fan Zone, Burnham Downs, and the South Courtyard.
- At the North Side Fan Zone outside Gate 47 on McFetridge Dr., fans can find the all-new Fire Merch Truck parked and stocked with the latest Fire gear for purchase. In addition, games and live music will be regular features here all season long. This Saturday, DJ Scheiny will be on-hand at the North Side Fan Zone providing the atmosphere.
- Burnham Downs - the team’s premiere spot for pregame fun outside Soldier Field - opens up at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, and is located outside Gate 0. The space includes various fan-focused activities, with music, live art work, food, soft drinks, Heineken and Revolution Hazy Pitch all available on-site.
- This weekend, the Harold’s Chicken food truck will additionally be on-site with food available for purchase at Burnham Downs.
- In addition, DJ Tess will provide this weekend’s Burnham Downs sountrack.
- Inside Gate 0, the South Courtyard at Soldier Field features two brand new must-stop locations - The Chicago Fire Team Shop and the Second Star Pub. The new Chicago Fire Team Shop includes the widest variety of Fire gear among all merchandise locations in the stadium, while the Second Star Pub is a perfect place to grab a Hazy Pitch on the way to your seats. The South Courtyard also features photo booths, trivia, games, music from DJ Green, and - for our younger fans - our Kids Zone and Sparky’s Playhouse.
NEW BIKE VALET
Summer at Soldier Field means a brand new bike valet for fans. Located conveniently near Gate 47 next to the Fire Merch Truck on the north side of the stadium, fans can jump off the Lakeshore path and valet their bicycle and helmet for $5. Valet operates from 4:30-9:30, and also offers a free tune-up if requested.
FREE SHUTTLES TO SOLDIER FIELD
We have partnered with Tuk Tuk Chicago to provide shuttles from the Roosevelt CTA stop to Soldier Field before each match. Shuttles will run starting two hours out from kickoff, with the last scheduled shuttle leaving Roosevelt 30 minutes before kickoff.
STARTING XI FLAGS:
Catch a matchday tradition located outside Gate 5 on the southwest side of Soldier Field. Happening prior to every match, join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez for the first glimpse of the Fire’s starting lineup when it’s revealed at 6:00 p.m.
HAZY PITCH AND HEINEKEN:
Both of the Club’s partner beers will be available throughout Soldier Field. Find them at the Second Star Pub (inside the South Courtyard at Gate 0), The Midway Club, and at locations throughout the stadium. A full list of matchday concessions offerings can be found in the Chicago Fire Mobile App by entering the all-new “Soldier Field Mode” feature.
USE THE FIRE MOBILE APP:
Alongside housing tickets, parking passes and an all-new interactive Soldier Field map, fans can be a part of the matchday experience from the palm of their hands Fire Mobile App. Use the app’s new “Soldier Field Mode” to choose a winner in our halftime L-Train Race on the video board. Fans who choose the winning train will win a special Fire-branded one-day Ventra pass! Be sure to turn your notifications on to receive the alert after the race.
In addition, fans can use the mobile app to vote on which Fire player they think deserves to be the Heineken Man of the Match. Voting becomes available following the start of the second half during each match.
Lastly, help set the tone for the second half by participating in our “Sounds of Chicagoland” vote that will determine which song will be played during the team’s return to the field.
Fans can visit the new flagship Chicago Fire FC Team Shop at Soldier Field near Second Star Pub in the South Courtyard. In addition, the Fire Merch Truck will be parked at the North Side Fan Zone outside the stadium on McFetridge Dr.