Chicago Fire FC returns to Soldier Field on Saturday night to host 2022 Eastern Conference expansion side Charlotte FC for the first time ever at 7 p.m. CT.
In addition, Saturday’s match will be the Club’s annual celebration of Hispanic Heritage Night, one of several ways the Fire will take part in the monthly festivities surrounding Hispanic Heritage Month. Read on for all the details on a must-have giveaway item plus specially-themed appearances, performances, merchandise, and more set to highlight the night along the lakefront.
Fans planning to attend the match can also find the latest information on parking, safety, and stadium policies below in our Matchday Guide, presented by The Blackstone Hotel:
RECEIVE DISCOUNTED RATES WITH PRE-PURCHASED PARKING: Fans are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase their discounted parking passes in order to ensure a more seamless garage entry on busy matchdays. Parking passes can be purchased online for $30 (Season Ticket Holder rate) or $35 for vehicles (plus applicable fees).
NO BAGS: No bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, 4.5" x 6" small clutch and ADA/medical bags. Diaper bags and supplies can be carried in a clear bag the meets the stadium size restrictions.
STADIUM SAFETY: View all the information needed to make your trip to Soldier Field a smooth one, including our stadium entry policies, safety information, amenities, guest services and more by clicking here.
#CHIvCLT MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 4:00 PM - Parking lots and Burnham Downs open
- 5:30 PM - Stadium gates open
- 7:00 PM - Kickoff vs. Charlotte FC
HISPANIC HERITAGE NIGHT
We’ve got several festive things in store for Saturday’s Hispanic Heritage Night at Soldier Field. Arrive early and
- Calavera Bobbleheads: The first 5,000 fans that enter Soldier Field on Saturday night will receive a special Calavera bobblehead decked out in Fire colors. This is a giveaway item you absolutely won’t want to miss! We’ll also have special CF97 Calavera buttons at select locations scattered around the stadium
- Pregame Areas: Inside Gate 0, a face painter will be setup at Sparky’s Courtyard painting flags, sugar skulls and of course the Fire crest. In addition, Chicago Samba Band will perform at Second Star Pub alongside traditional costumed dancers.
- Merch: Our all-new Hispanic Heritage merchandise collection will be available for purchase on Saturday, featuring Fire-themed Calavera imagery.
FAN TOWN HALL
Set to be hosted by Futbol MLS columnist and CFFC Spanish radio broadcaster Raquel Ortiz, the Fire will host a fan town hall featuring President of Business Operations Ishwara Glassman Chrein and Sporting Director Georg Heitz on stage, answering questions from fans prior to the match against Charlotte FC.
All fans with a ticket to the match are invited to attend and ask questions directly to the Club’s top executives. Questions can be submitted in advance via the link below or in-person at the town hall. Question submissions will close on Friday, Sept. 16, at 11 a.m. CT.
SOCIOS SOUVENIR CUP
New at Soldier Field concessions stands on Saturday is a souvenir cup emblazoned with the Club’s logo and colors, presented by Socios. Only 5,000 are available, so be sure to get yours while supplies last.
Fans are encouraged to visit each of our three fan zones set up at Soldier Field before each home match - The North Side Fan Zone, Burnham Downs, and the South Courtyard.
- At the North Side Fan Zone outside Gate 47 on McFetridge Dr., fans can find the all-new Fire Merch Truck parked and stocked with the latest Fire gear for purchase. In addition, games and live music will be regular features here all season long.
- Burnham Downs - the team’s premiere spot for pregame fun outside Soldier Field - opens up at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, and is located outside Gate 0. The space includes various fan-focused activities, with music, live art work, snacks, soft drinks, Heineken and Revolution Hazy Pitch all available on-site.
- This weekend’s special activations at Burnhams Downs include Cafe Tola giving a select few fans complimentary empanadas every hour leading up to kickoff, the “Fire-rita” featured drink (also available at the Goalkeepers concession stand in Section 123), and Chicago artist Anthony Lewellen painting a mural live on-site.
- Inside Gate 0, the South Courtyard at Soldier Field features two brand new must-stop locations - The Chicago Fire Team Shop and the Second Star Pub. The new Chicago Fire Team Shop includes the widest variety of Fire gear among all merchandise locations in the stadium, while the Second Star Pub is a perfect place to grab a Hazy Pitch on the way to your seats. The South Courtyard also features photo booths, trivia, games, and - for our younger fans - our Kids Zone and Sparky’s Playhouse.
Summer at Soldier Field means a brand new bike valet for fans. Located conveniently near Gate 47 next to the Fire Merch Truck on the north side of the stadium, fans can jump off the Lakeshore path and valet their bicycle and helmet for $5 (cash, Zelle, Venmo, Cash App).
The bike valet will open at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, and close 30 minutes after the match.
FREE SHUTTLES TO SOLDIER FIELD
We have partnered with Tuk Tuk Chicago to provide shuttles from the Roosevelt CTA stop to Soldier Field before each match. Shuttles will run starting two hours out from kickoff, with the last scheduled shuttle leaving Roosevelt 30 minutes before kickoff.
STARTING XI FLAGS:
Catch a matchday tradition located outside Gate 5 on the southwest side of Soldier Field. Happening prior to every match, join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez for the first glimpse of the Fire’s starting lineup when it’s revealed at 6:00 p.m.
HAZY PITCH AND HEINEKEN:
Both of the Club’s partner beers will be available throughout Soldier Field. Find them at the Second Star Pub (inside the South Courtyard at Gate 0), The Midway Club, and at locations throughout the stadium. A full list of matchday concessions offerings can be found in the Chicago Fire Mobile App by entering the all-new “Soldier Field Mode” feature.
USE THE FIRE MOBILE APP:
Alongside housing tickets, parking passes, and an all-new interactive Soldier Field map, fans can be a part of the matchday experience from the palm of their hands within the Fire Mobile App. Use the app’s new “Soldier Field Mode” to choose a winner in our halftime L-Train Race on the video board. Fans who choose the winning train will win a special Fire-branded one-day Ventra pass that can be claimed at guest services! Be sure to turn your notifications on to receive the alert after the race.
In addition, fans can use the mobile app to vote on which Fire player they think deserves to be the Heineken Man of the Match. Voting becomes available following the start of the second half during each match.
Lastly, help set the tone for the second half by participating in our “Sounds of Chicagoland” vote that will determine which song will be played during the team’s return to the field.
Fans can visit the new flagship Chicago Fire FC Team Shop at Soldier Field near Second Star Pub in the South Courtyard. In addition, the Fire Merch Truck will be parked at the North Side Fan Zone outside the stadium on McFetridge Dr.