Chicago Fire FC is riding three straight wins into their return home this Saturday afternoon to take on Atlanta United, the first match in a doubleheader with the Chicago Red Stars.
Saturday’s Fire match kicks off at 4 p.m. CT, followed by the Red Stars against the San Diego Wave at 7 p.m. CT. There’s so much happening in and around Soldier Field this weekend, so make sure to read all the way through to make sure you have the next experience possible!
Fans planning to attend the match can find the latest information on parking, safety, and stadium policies below, as well as additional highlights of fun things to expect throughout their Soldier Field experience in our Matchday Guide, presented by The Blackstone Hotel:
RECEIVE DISCOUNTED RATES WITH PRE-PURCHASED PARKING: Fans are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase their discounted parking passes in order to ensure a more seamless garage entry on busy matchdays. Parking passes can be purchased online for $30 (Season Ticket Holder rate) or $35 for vehicles (plus applicable fees).
AVOID LOLLAPALOOZA TRAFFIC: Saturday marks the third day of Lollapalooza, which is taking place just down the road in Grant Park starting at noon. To help ensure you’re not caught in up the added traffic on your way to the doubleheader, plan to arrive to Soldier Field early and click here to view this weekend’s updated parking information and directions by car, public transportation, or rideshare, as well as details on our free Tuk Tuk shuttle from the Roosevelt CTA station.
In addition, tailgating is allowed between 1-4 p.m. and 4:30-7 p.m. for both matches. Tailgating is not allowed after 7 p.m.
STADIUM SAFETY: View all the information needed to make your trip to Soldier Field a smooth one, including our stadium entry policies, safety information, amenities, guest services and more by clicking here to visit our Soldier Field Matchday Guide.
NO BAGS: No bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, 4.5" x 6" small clutch, ADA/medical bags and manufactured diaper bags.
#CHIvATL MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 1:00 PM - Parking lots and Burnham Downs open
- 2:30 PM - Stadium gates open
- 4:00 PM - Kickoff vs. Atlanta United
KID’S DAY GIVEAWAYS
Alongside all the doubleheader, Saturday’s match is also Kid’s Day at Soldier Field! The first 5,000 fans aged 12 and under can grab a special Fire-branded Penguin Plushy on their way into the stadium, and Kids Club members can also stop at the Kid's Zone inside Gate 0 to take home a special Fire jersey-themed lunch box!
Not a member of Kids Club yet? Sign up at the Kid's Zone and a lunchbox can be yours as well.
RED STARS CROSSOVER
To celebrate Saturday’s doubleheader, special Red Stars merchandise will be available for purchase at the new Chicago Fire FC Team Shop inside the stadium’s South Courtyard. In addition, Red Stars co-owner and ESPN personality Sarah Spain will serve as Saturday’s Firestarter, signaling the team’s arrival to the field for kickoff.
Fans are encouraged to visit each of our three fan zones set up at Soldier Field before each home match - The North Side Fan Zone, Burnham Downs, and the South Courtyard.
- At the North Side Fan Zone outside Gate 47 on McFetridge Dr., fans can find the all-new Fire Merch Truck parked and stocked with the latest Fire gear for purchase. In addition, games and live music will be regular features here all season long.
- This Saturday, come visit the Black Fires supporter group, who will be present at the North Side Fan Zone during pregame
- Burnham Downs - the team’s premiere spot for pregame fun outside Soldier Field - opens up at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, and is located outside Gate 0. The space includes various fan-focused activities, with music, live art work, food, soft drinks, Heineken and Revolution Hazy Pitch all available on-site.
- Inside Gate 0, the South Courtyard at Soldier Field features two brand new must-stop locations - The Chicago Fire Team Shop and the Second Star Pub. The new Chicago Fire Team Shop includes the widest variety of Fire gear among all merchandise locations in the stadium, while the Second Star Pub is a perfect place to grab a Hazy Pitch on the way to your seats. The South Courtyard also features photo booths, trivia, games, and - for our younger fans - our Kids Zone and Sparky’s Playhouse.
- As part of this weekend’s Kids Day festivities, Chicago entertainer Mary Macaroni will be visiting the South Courtyard, and face painting will be available on-site.
FREE SHUTTLES TO SOLDIER FIELD
We have partnered with Tuk Tuk Chicago to provide shuttles from the Roosevelt CTA stop to Soldier Field before each match. Shuttles will run starting two hours out from kickoff, with the last scheduled shuttle leaving Roosevelt 30 minutes before kickoff.
This Saturday, our Tuk Tuk fleet will be expanded, and will begin service at 1 p.m. CT to accommodate additional Lollapalooza traffic.
Summer at Soldier Field means a brand new bike valet for fans. Located conveniently near Gate 47 next to the Fire Merch Truck on the north side of the stadium, fans can jump off the Lakeshore path and valet their bicycle and helmet for $5 (cash or credit).
Valet operation begins at 1 p.m CT on Saturday, and runs until 30 minutes after the end of the Red Stars match.
STARTING XI FLAGS:
Catch a matchday tradition located outside Gate 5 on the southwest side of Soldier Field. Happening prior to every match, join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez for the first glimpse of the Fire’s starting lineup when it’s revealed at 3:00 p.m.
HAZY PITCH AND HEINEKEN:
Both of the Club’s partner beers will be available throughout Soldier Field. Find them at the Second Star Pub (inside the South Courtyard at Gate 0), The Midway Club, and at locations throughout the stadium. A full list of matchday concessions offerings can be found in the Chicago Fire Mobile App by entering the all-new “Soldier Field Mode” feature.
USE THE FIRE MOBILE APP:
Alongside housing tickets, parking passes, and an all-new interactive Soldier Field map, fans can be a part of the matchday experience from the palm of their hands within the Fire Mobile App. Use the app’s new “Soldier Field Mode” to choose a winner in our halftime L-Train Race on the video board. Fans who choose the winning train will win a special Fire-branded one-day Ventra pass that can be claimed at guest services! Be sure to turn your notifications on to receive the alert after the race.
In addition, fans can use the mobile app to vote on which Fire player they think deserves to be the Heineken Man of the Match. Voting becomes available following the start of the second half during each match.
Lastly, help set the tone for the second half by participating in our “Sounds of Chicagoland” vote that will determine which song will be played during the team’s return to the field.
Fans can visit the new flagship Chicago Fire FC Team Shop at Soldier Field near Second Star Pub in the South Courtyard. In addition, the Fire Merch Truck will be parked at the North Side Fan Zone outside the stadium on McFetridge Dr.
Two matches. One day.
Join us July 30 for a Soldier Field doubleheader with the Chicago Red Stars!