Chicago Fire FC's three-game homestand continues Sunday night as they prepare to host the New York Red Bulls at Soldier Field.
The Fire enter Sunday's contest on the heels of a 0-0 draw with New York City FC on Wednesday night. Tonight's opponents have met once previously this season, a 2-0 win for New York at Red Bull Arena back May 1. Head coach Raphael Wicky and his side will be looking to return the favor along the lakefront this evening, and extend the Red Bulls' current winless streak to six.
Tonight's kickoff is set for 5 p.m. CT, with coverage coming to you on WGN-TV, CFFC Live, and TUDN 1200AM. The details on how the Fire will lineup to start the match below:
- Five changes have been made to the starting lineup that took on New York City FC midweek.
- Goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth returns to the XI after missing the match with a left knee injury. Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, who became the youngest goalkeeper in MLS history to start a match on Wednesday night in Shuttleworth's absence, is available as a substitution tonight.
- Fellow returners to the starting XI tonight are defender Carlos Terán, midfielders Fabian Herbers and Luka Stojanović, and forward Elliot Collier.
- Herbers is back tonight after missing Wednesday's match while serving a one-match suspension due to yellow card accumulation. Tonight will be his 10th start of the 2021 season, and 12th appearance overall.
- Also in midfield, Stojanović returns as a starter for the first time since June 26, replacing midfielder Álvaro Medrán who will miss tonight's match due to health and safety protocols. Stojanović shares the team's lead in goals scored this season (3) with Ignacio Aliseda, who will miss tonight's match with a calf injury. Herbers and Stojanović will additionally partner with Gastón Giménez in the center of the park.
- Collier earns his first start since May 8, having recently returned from a foot injury. He'll help lead tonight's attack alongside Chinonso Offor, who starts for the third-straight match.
- Terán receives the second start of his Fire career tonight, having made his first on June 19 against Columbus.
- Joining Terán centrally along the defensive backline tonight are Mauricio Pineda and captain Francisco Calvo. Pineda has started 11-straight matches dating back to June 19, while Calvo makes it three-straight following his return from the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup.
- Out wide, Boris Sekulić and Jonathan Bornstein will man the touchlines this evening. Sekulić's team-high run of consecutive starts reaches 39 tonight (dating back to last season), while Bornstein makes his 10th of the season.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, goalkeeper Chris Brady, defender Jhon Espinoza, defender Johan Kappelhof, defender Wyatt Omsberg, midfielder Brian Gutiérrez, midfielder Stanislav Ivanov, midfielder Alex Monis, and forward Robert Berić.
- Defender Miguel Navarro (right shin), midfielder Javier Casas Jr. (right shin), midfielder Ignacio Aliseda (calf), midfielder Álvaro Medrán (health and safety protocols), and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at the New York Red Bulls's starting lineup below as its available: