After nearly six weeks away, the Chicago Fire at last return to Soldier Field Wednesday night for a visit from the New England Revolution.
Fresh off of a six-match road trip, Wednesday's return to Chicago will be a welcome one for the Fire, who are are unbeaten in seven of their last eight matches at Soldier Field (4-1-3, 15 points) dating back to June 26. New England enter the match in first place in both the Eastern Conference (17-4-5, 56 points) and the Supporters' Shield standings. These two sides last met on opening day of the 2021 regular season, a 2-2 draw at Soldier Field on April 17.
With kickoff set for 7 p.m. CT, get the details on tonight's Fire starting XI below and tune in for coverage on WGN-TV, CFFC Live, TUDN 1200AM, and MLS LIVE's out-of-market package on ESPN+.
- Four changes have been made to the starting lineup that took on CF Montréal on Sunday.
- Forward Robert Berić is back in the opening XI after appearing as a substitute in the Fire's last two matches. He'll lead the attacking unit alongside Chinonso Offor, who starts for the third-straight match.
- In midfield, Gastón Giménez and Álvaro Medrán return to the center of the park tonight. The pair will be joined in midfield by Federico Navarro, who makes his second-straight start after earning his first for the Club on Sunday.
- Johan Kappelhof will make his first start for the Club since Aug. 4, a 0-0 draw with NYCFC. He'll partner with Jonathan Bornstein - tonight's captain - and Carlos Terán in the back.
- Boris Sekulić and Miguel Navarro will line up out wide opposite one another tonight, starting as a tandem for the 13th time this season.
- In net, 17-year-old Homegrown product Gabriel Slonina starts for the second-straight match and earns the third appearance of his professional career.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions today are goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, defender Mauricio Pineda, defender Wyatt Omsberg, defender Jhon Espinoza, midfielder Luka Stojanović, midfielder Fabian Herbers, forward Elliot Collier, forward Stanislav Ivanov, and forward Ignacio Aliseda.
- Midfielder Brian Gutierrez (right ankle), defender Francisco Calvo (right thigh), and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at New England's starting lineup below as it becomes available: