The Chicago Fire FC Communications Department looks forward to working with you during the 2020 season at Soldier Field.
The application window for 2020 full-season credentials is currently closed. Media members interested in covering the Chicago Fire may now only apply for single-game credentials on a game-by-game basis. Requests for individual game credentials must be made at least 24 hours prior to kickoff.
Please note that an application is not a guarantee of a credential. Chicago Fire FC Communications will follow-up if your credential application is approved.
Chicago Fire FC Communications will issue credentials to working members of the media representing recognized media outlets in the business of news gathering and sports reporting as a primary function of their business. Media outlets eligible for credentials include:
- Wire Services
- Credible Websites
- Sport-Specific Publications
All media credentials are non-transferrable and distributed at the discretion of the Chicago Fire Communications staff. Media members who receive credentials must be on assignment for a reputable media organization. Any freelance photographer or reporter must be able to submit an assignment letter from a news outlet if requested.
Chicago Fire FC may prioritize working media credential requests using the following factors, among others:
- Broadcast partners, including television and radio personnel responsible for live broadcast of Major League Soccer and/or Chicago Fire FC
- Full-time local beat reporters who cover the team on a daily basis for large-scale local print and broadcast outlets, including newspapers, wire services, radio stations and television affiliates
- Full-time radio and television personnel producing reports on Chicago Fire FC matches
- Large-scale national outlets, including national newspapers, magazines, television stations, websites and more
In the case of independent online representatives, Chicago Fire FC will consider media credential applicants who have a history of professional journalism and have an established body of work on a consistent basis. Media credentials will not be issued to independent online media representatives whose websites aggregate content as their main source of information. Credential applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The following will be considered regarding independent online representatives:
- History of professional journalism experience
- Demonstrates a professional standard and transparency, as determined by Major League Soccer and Chicago Fire FC
- Established body of work covering Major League Soccer and/or Chicago Fire FC, as proven by the amount of regularly produced original content. The Chicago Fire Communications department has the right to request published bodies of work.
- Quantifiable weekly and monthly number of unique visitor traffic data based on a recognized and objective measurement company
- Duration of covering Major League Soccer and/or Chicago Fire FC (suggested period of at least three years)
Credentials must be worn and visible at all times during match day. Credentialed media will receive admission to the event, access to media work areas and access to the locker rooms, if necessary. Misuse of a Chicago Fire FC media credential (ex: requesting photos with players) will result in the immediate loss of the credential, removal from the media areas and the possible loss of credential privileges for future matches.
Senior Vice President,
Communications and Media
Office Phone: 872-710-0530
Director, Sports Communications
Office Phone: 872-710-0795
Office Phone: 872-710-0582
Senior Coordinator, Communications
Office Phone: 872-710-0751
Training Center Info
The Chicago Fire train at SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview, Illinois. Media members interested in receiving the training schedule for training sessions must RSVP to Elizabeth Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Media members interested in attending training must email Elizabeth Sanchez the evening before the session with the name of the players they are requesting to speak with to ensure the players are notified and available for interviews.
To view the club's online Record Book, click here.