Chicago Fire FC are back on the road this afternoon as they get set for a 12 p.m. CT kickoff against the New York Red Bulls in Harrison, NJ.
Head coach Raphael Wicky's men will look to bounce back from a road defeat at Atlanta United last Saturday and bring home their first win of the season ahead of their return to Soldier Field next weekend. Under new head coach Gerhard Struber, the Red Bulls enter today's match winless through two matches played.
Tune into today's match on WGN-TV, CFFC Live, and TUDN 1200 AM, and get the details on Wicky's starting XI in the lineup notes below:
- One change has been made from last week's starting XI at Atlanta United.
- Mauricio Pineda returns to the lineup, earning his first appearance for the Fire in 2021. Forward Chinonso Offor, who started the Fire's previous two matches, will be an option off the bench this afternoon.
- Midfielder Luka Stojanović will look to make it three straight matches with a goal as he slots into central midfield from the outset today.
- Álvaro Medrán continues his team-high run of consecutive starts, earning his 26th straight appearance in Wicky's opening XI.
- Gastón Giménez leads the team with six chances created through two matches played. He and Przemysław Frankowski round out today's Fire midfield.
- With a goal in the Fire's home opener two weeks ago, forward Robert Berić will look to get back on the scoresheet at Red Bull Arena today as he leads the attacking unit up top.
- Along the defensive backline, Boris Sekulić, Johan Kappelhof, Francisco Calvo, and Jonathan Bornstein will start alongside one another for the third-straight outing.
- Coming off his 200th MLS regular season start, goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth takes his usual place in net.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions at Red Bull Arena today are goalkeeper Chris Brady, defender Wyatt Omsberg, defender Jhon Espinoza, defender Andre Reynolds II, midfielder Elliot Collier, midfielder Javier Casas Jr., midfielder Brian Gutiérrez, midfielder Alex Monis, and forward Chinonso Offor.
- Midfielder Elliot Collier (left ankle), midfielder Fabian Herbers (right knee), midfielder Stanislav Ivanov (left knee), midfielder Ignacio Aliseda (left thigh), defender Miguel Navarro (right ankle), defender Carlos Teran (left thigh) and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out for tonight's match.
Get a look at both team's starting lineups as they're available in the graphics below: