Chicago Fire FC is back at home this Saturday, May 8, for their second home match of the 2021 regular season as they welcome reigning MLS Supporters Shield winners the Philadelphia Union to Soldier Field for a 12 p.m. CT kickoff.
Fans planning on attending the match will find key information on our 2021 health and safety protocols as well as parking and directions to Soldier Field here:
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Click here to view all the information needed to make your trip to Soldier Field a smooth one, including details on our 2021 health and safety protocols, our stadium entry policies, and more.
- PARKING AND DIRECTIONS: Click here to view parking information and directions to Soldier Field by car, public transportation, or rideshare.
Check out additional highlights of what fans in attendance can expect throughout their experience at Soldier Field below.
#CHIvPHI MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 10:00 AM - Parking Lots and Fire Team Shops open outside Gate 0 and Gate 47 open
- 10:30 AM - Stadium gates open
- 11:00 AM - Starting XI flags are raised outside Gate 10
- 12:00 PM - Kickoff against the Philadelphia Union
BOAT DRINKS: Welcome our newest pub partner, Boat Drinks! Located at 600 E Waldron Dr, the location is steps away from Soldier Field, making it the perfect pre- and post-match spot. Boat Drinks will be open two hours before every Fire match in 2021, so swing by for a drink on the harbor before the match.
STARTING XI FLAGS: Catch a new matchday tradition located outside Gate 7 on the south-west side of Soldier Field. Happening prior to every match, join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez and shout the players last names as the flags are raised 60 minutes before kickoff (pictured above).
ON-FIELD FIREWORKS: Don’t miss the fireworks display on the field as the teams enter the pitch for kickoff!
MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT: All Fire merchandise available at Soldier Field will be 25% off for all fans, starting on April 17 through May 29. Merchandise will only be available for sale outside the stadium at Gate 0 near the Waldron Deck and Gate 47 on McFetridge Dr so fans are encouraged to make their purchase before entering or after the match.
WAVE YOUR FLAG: Flags will be safely placed in your seat for you to wave and show your support when the team enters the pitch, scores, and a Fire win! Fans with flags from the Home Opener are encouraged to bring back their flag to wave for the celebratory moments.
ONLINE 50/50 RAFFLE: Illinois residents can participate in the Chicago Fire's 50/50 raffle online! Enter at Fire5050.com or within the CFFC Mobile App for your chance to win while supporting the work of the Chicago Fire Foundation.
RING OF FIRE: The “Ring of Fire” tribute began in 2003 in an effort to honor members of the Chicago Fire who brought success to the organization and who displayed the qualities that the club embodies: leadership, dedication and integrity. In honor of each inductee, banners with each member’s name have been hung prominently behind the north and south goals at Soldier Field.
CFFC MOBILE APP: The new mobile app from the Fire is an important part of the new matchday experience and all fans are strongly encouraged to download it. Find mobile ticketing, team information, match statistics, highlights, and more in one convenient location. Fans can also vote on the new halftime feature, the L-Train Race, to win a prize courtesy of the Fire Team Shop powered by Fanatics.
- To expedite entrance and minimize touch points between security and fans, NO bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, ADA/medical bags and manufactured diaper bags.
- Fans will be required to enter through their assigned gates. All odd numbered gates are on the east side of the stadium and even numbers on the west side of the stadium.
- All children ages two and older require a ticket to gain admission to stadium events. For children under two, lap passes should be picked up at the Gate 10 ticket office.
- All fans, ages two and older, must always wear a facial covering over their nose and mouth – except while actively eating and drinking in their designated seating pods. No exceptions will be made to the mask requirement. Fans must socially distance themselves at all times, and as such, are encouraged to enjoy the game from their seating pod with the exception of visiting concessions or restroom.
- Fans can only use the designated concession stands and restrooms in their respective zones. All zones will be physically separated. All lines will follow proper line spacing and queuing.
- After the conclusion of the game, fans will be dismissed by their rows messaged on the video board and public address. All fans will exit the stadium using the same gate in which they entered.