The Fire kickoff a crucial three-match road trip on Wednesday night in Philadelphia, where they'll take on the Eastern Conference-leading Union at 6:30 p.m. CT on WGN and ESPN+.
Head coach Raphael Wicky's men are coming out of a pair of 2-2 draws at Soldier Field, and will look to improve their 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs standing with three points at Subaru Park tonight.
With kickoff an hour away, take a look at how Wicky will send out his starting XI ahead of tonight's crucial conference clash:
- One change has been made to the starting lineup from Saturday's 2-2 draw against the New York Red Bulls. Midfielder Gastón Giménez rejoins the starting unit after completing his quarantine following participation in World Cup Qualifying with Paraguay. He replaces Fabian Herbers, who is available off the bench this evening.
- Forward Robert Berić leads the attacking unit having scored in two straight matches. His nine goals on the season are the fourth-highest total in MLS.
- Midfielder Przemysław Frankowski scored his first goal of the season against RBNY on Saturday and returns to the starting XI tonight. He'll lineup opposite Ignacio Aliseda out wide against Philadelphia.
- Joining Frankowski and Aliseda in midfield is Djordje Mihailović, who makes his 70th appearance for the Fire tonight.
- Midfielder Álvaro Medrán and defender Mauricio Pineda retain the distinction of being the only two Fire players to start every match in 2020, making their 19th starts respectively.
- Captain Francisco Calvo will lineup alongside Pineda in central defense. They're joined by Jonathan Bornstein and Boris Sekulić on the back line tonight.
- Goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth is one game away from a significant MLS milestone, making his 199th career regular season appearance as part of tonight's opening XI.
- Also available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are midfielders Micheal Azira, Fabian Herbers, Brian Gutiérrez and Elliot Collier, defenders Carlos Terán, Nicholas Slonina, Miguel Navarro, and Andre Reynolds II and goalkeeper Connor Sparrow.
- Forward CJ Sapong is unavailable for tonight's match, having been granted an excused absence to be with his newborn daughter.
- Goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm, defenders Johan Kappelhof and Wyatt Omsberg, and midfielders Luka Stojanović and Brandt Bronico are not medically cleared for tonight's match.
Get a look at both team's starting lineups as they're available in the graphics below: