Coming out of one of their most dominant performances of the season on Wednesday, the Chicago Fire will look to keep the momentum rolling when they kickoff against Atlanta United tonight at 6:30 p.m. CT (WGN, ESPN+).
The Fire were 4-0 victors over the Houston Dynamo at Soldier Field four days ago and will try to replicate that performance while back at home this evening. With both teams fighting for playoff positioning in the Eastern Conference and a pivotal three points on the line, take a look below at how head coach Raphael Wicky will line up his side from the outset come kickoff:
- The Fire will roll with the same starting XI from Wednesday night's 4-0 win against the Houston Dynamo.
- Forward Robert Berić makes his 14th start up top, and will look to keep his scoring streak alive with goals in each of the Fire's last three games. Berić has five goals on the season so far.
- Midfielder Fabian Herbers has taken advantage of every opportunity at Soldier Field, with three goals and an assist in the Fire's four matches played at the venue so far this season. He gets the starting nod tonight for the 12th time this season.
- Wednesday's Heineken Man of the Match Álvaro Medrán will look to continue creating magic from the midfield this evening, earning his 14th start of 2020. Medrán's performance on Wednesday against Houston earned him an MLS Team of the Week inclusion and nominations for MLS Player of the Week and MLS Goal of the Week.
- Joining Medrán on the MLS Team of the Week were defenders Francisco Calvo and Jonathan Bornstein, who return tonight to start along the backine. They're joined once again by Boris Sekulić and Mauricio Pineda.
- After earning an assist on Herbers' goal Wednesday night, Ignacio Aliseda makes his 10th start of the season in midfield.
- Opposite Aliseda will be Djordje Mihailović, who makes the 65th appearance of his Fire career.
- Rounding out the midfield is Gastón Giménez, who gets his 12th start and 13th appearance overall for the Fire.
- Goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth got his third clean sheet of the season on Wednesday, and earns his 193rd career regular season appearance in the league tonight.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are forward CJ Sapong, midfielders Micheal Azira, Brandt Bronico, Brian Gutiérrez, and Elliot Collier, defenders Miguel Navarro, Wyatt Omsberg, and Andre Reynolds II and goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina.
- Goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm, defenders Johan Kappelhof and Jeremiah Gutjahr, and midfielders Luka Stojanović and Przemysław Frankowski are not medically cleared for tonight's match.
Get a look at both team's starting lineups as they're available in the graphics below: