The chase for a 2019 MLS Cup Playoff spot continues Saturday night as the Chicago Fire head to Ohio for their first-ever MLS regular season visit to FC Cincinnati. The Men In Red will look to secure a vital three points on the road when kickoff from Nippert Stadium comes to you at 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN+.
Ahead of tonight's Eastern Conference clash, get familiar with today's starting XI and bench, presented by AT&T:
- Head coach Veljko Paunović begins with the same starting XI as last weekend's 4-0 win over FC Dallas at SeatGeek Stadium.
- Midfielder Przemysław Frankowski starts his sixth match in a row having scored in each of the Fire's last two outings. The Polish international was named to the MLS Team of the Week last week for his efforts in the Fire's demolition of FC Dallas, in which Frankowski scored his third goal of 2019 and picked up his eighth assist.
- Forward CJ Sapong was also included among the Team of the Week after netting a first half brace, his 11th and 12th goals of the season. He gets his 27th start (30th appearance) of 2019 tonight.
- After capping the Fire's first half scoring outburst with his 12th goal of the season against Dallas, Nemanja Nikolić makes his 24th start of the season.
- Captain Dax McCarty gets his team-leading 30th start tonight alongside Brandt Bronico, who sets a new single-season career-high with his 18th start of 2019.
- Midfielder Nicolás Gaitan leads the team with 11 assists, and earns his 22nd start of the season in Cincinnati tonight.
- Having allowed just three goals over the Fire's last four matches, defenders Jonathan Bornstein, Francisco Calvo, Bastian Schweinsteiger, and Johan Kappelhof and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm will look for their second clean sheet in a row.
- Midfielder/defender Diego Campos (knee) was listed as questionable on the injury report entering the match. For the full MLS injury report, click here.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below as they're available: