The Chicago Fire take a trip through Texas on Saturday night as they prepare for a Western Conference visit to the Houston Dynamo. Catch kickoff at 8 p.m. CT on ESPN+, and get the insights on tonight's Starting XI and bench presented by AT&T below:
- Midfielder Aleksandar Katai makes his return to head coach Veljko Paunović's starting unit. the start will be his 20th of the season, and his first since the Fire's July 13 visit from FC Cincinnati.
- Defender Jonathan Bornstein made his Fire debut in last weekend's 0-0 draw with D.C. United, his first MLS appearance since being a member of Chivas USA in 2010. He'll get his second straight start at left back this evening.
- Coming out of a 45 minute shift in Wednesday night's 2019 MLS All-Star Game, Bastian Schweinsteiger slots back into the first XI for tonight's match in Houston.
- Forward CJ Sapong gets his 22nd start of the season, the 199th of his career in MLS regular season play. Sapong currently leads the Fire in scoring with nine goals in 2019.
- Alongside Sapong, midfielder Dax McCarty makes his 24th regular season appearance for the Fire, a team lead he shares with Sapong.
- Brandt Bronico makes his 20th appearance of 2019 in the Fire midfield.
- Forward Nemanja Nikolić makes his 80th career regular season start.
- Forward Fabian Herbers (shoulder) is listed as OUT for tonight's match. For the complere MLS injury report, click here.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below as they're available: