The Chicago Fire return to MLS regular season play on Saturday night when D.C. United visit SeatGeek Stadium for an Eastern Conference clash. Ahead of kickoff at 7:30 p.m. CT (ESPN+), get the scoop on tonight's Starting XI and bench presented by AT&T:
- After his acquisition was announced on Monday, defender Jonathan Bornstein gets his first start and appearance along the Fire backline. The match will be the 34-year-old's 124th in MLS regular season play, after appearing 123 times for Chivas USA from 2006-2010.
- Midfielders Dax McCarty and Nicolás Gaitán return to the starting XI having missed the Fire's trip to Philadelphia last Saturday as well as Tuesday night's 2-0 defeat to Cruz Azul in the 2019 Leagues Cup tournament.
- Forward CJ Sapong makes his 21st start of the season tonight, his 198th career start in MLS regular season play. Sapong currently leads the Fire in scoring with nine goals in 2019.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger gets his 75th career start for the Fire, his 22nd of this season. Schweinsteiger will join up with the 2019 MLS All-Star team following the match as they prepare to take on La Liga side Atletico Madrid at Orlando's Exploria Stadium on Wednesday, July 31.
- After making his professional debut in Tuesday night's match against Cruz Azul, 18-year-old Homegrown product Andre Reynolds II is available for selection off the bench this evening.
- Nemanja Nikolić earns his second consecutive regular season start, and will look to add to his tally of six goals scored this season.
- Defender Jorge Corrales and midfielder Fabian Herbers are listed as OUT For tonight's match. View the complete MLS injury report here.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below as they're available: