Wednesday night sees Columbus Crew SC make their first and only 2019 visit to SeatGeek Stadium, as the Chicago Fire will look to claim three points at home against their longtime Eastern Conference rivals.
Ahead of tonight's 7 p.m. CT kickoff on ESPN+, get the details on head coach Veljko Paunović's Starting XI presented AT&T:
- Bastian Schweinsteiger gets reinstated into the Fire first XI after serving a one-match suspension on Saturday night against FC Cincinnati for yellow card accumulation.
- Midfielder Djordje Mihailović makes his first start for the Fire since June 1 after appearing as a substitute on Saturday in his return from the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. He'll look to make an impact against U.S. Men's National Team teammates Wil Trapp and Gyasi Zardes.
- Fresh off of making his 350th career MLS regular season appearance on Saturday, Dax McCarty earns his 22nd start in 2019. The 32-year-old remains the only Fire player to start every match for the Club in 2019.
- Johan Kappelhof marked his return from a four-week injury absence with a 90-minute shift on Saturday night, and will help anchor the Fire backline in his 110th MLS regular season start tonight.
- Forward CJ Sapong will lead the Fire attack and hope to add to his team-leading total of eight goals in 2019.
- After scoring his fourth goal of the season on Saturday night against Cincinnati, Nicolás Gaitán will look to add to his haul from the Fire midfield Wednesday night.
- Defender Francisco Calvo earns his 10th start for the Fire since joining the Club in May, his 70th career regular season start in MLS.
- The Fire have no players listed as injured heading into Wednesday's match. Click here for the full MLS injury report.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below as they're available: