The Chicago Fire begin their road to the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup trophy on the road against USL Championship side Saint Louis FC on Tuesday night at Hunter Stadium in St. Charles, Mo.
Ahead of kickoff, get a look at head coach Veljko Paunović's starting XI and bench, presented by AT&T:
- Defender Marcelo, midfielder Nicolás Gaitán, and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm make their first ever appearances in U.S. Open Cup play.
- After scoring four goals in four Open Cup games for the Fire in 2018, Nemanja Nikolić leads the line against St. Louis FC.
- Forward Fabian Herbers makes his first start for the Fire in an official competition, his sixth appearance overall for the Men In Red since being acquired over the offseason.
- Captain Dax McCarty remains the only Fire player to start every match for the Club in all competitions in 2019.
- Midfielder Diego Campos and Grant Lillard have been recalled from loan at USL League One side Lansing Ignite FC. Campos makes his third career Open Cup start, while Lillard is available as a substitution.
View the full Starting XI and bench for both sides in the graphics below: