The Chicago Fire are back on the west coast for a Saturday afternoon meeting with the San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium. Ahead of the nationally-televised 2:30 p.m. kickoff (live on Univision and streaming on Twitter), head coach Veljko Paunović has revealed his starting lineup.
Get the full rundown on today's squad with our #SJvCHI Starting XI and bench presented by AT&T:
- Today's lineup features three changes from last weekend's 2-0 home win over the New England Revolution.
- Defender Marcelo returns to the starting lineup after missing the Fire's previous four matches with a thigh injury. He replaces Bastian Schweinsteiger, who will miss his first match of 2019 while serving a one-match suspension for yellow card accumulation.
- Midfielder Brandt Bronico gets his first start of 2019 having appeared in eight matches for the Fire so far this season.
- Having last started in the Fire's 0-0 draw at LAFC on May 4, CJ Sapong is back in the first XI after a 13-minute substitute appearance last Saturday.
- Dax McCarty and David Ousted make their 13th respective appearances in the starting unit, the only Fire players to start each of the Fire's matches in 2019.
- With five goals to his name, Fire leading scorer Nemanja Nikolić earns his 75th start for the Fire.
- Przemysław Frankowski makes his 10th appearance for the Fire, while defender Jorge Corrales makes his 25th.
- Midfielder Nicolás Gaitán is listed as out for today's match with a thigh injury. For a full injury report, click here.
View the full Starting XI and bench in the graphic below: