With the Chicago Fire's March 10 season opener against Sporting Kansas City drawing closer by the day, both club and league activities are set to kick into high gear as the calendar flips to mid-January.
Here are the important times and dates to keep in mind as the roster begins taking shape and preseason training begins later this month:
2018 MLS Combine
- Held Jan. 7-11 at Orlando City Stadium in Orlando, Fla.
- 60 top collegiate prospects invited to take part ahead of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft
- Check out this year's list of prospects invited
2018 MLS SuperDraft
- First two rounds held Jan. 19 in Philadelphia, PA.
- The Fire currently hold the 15th, 38th, and 84th selections.
- Third and Fourth rounds completed via conference call on Jan. 21.
U.S. Men's National Team vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Held Jan. 10-28 at the National Training Center in Carson, Calif.
- The USMNT kicks off it's 2018 slate with a January camp friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Jan. 28 at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. (8:30 p.m. CT, FS1/UniMas).
- Fire fullbacks Matt Polster and Brandon Vincent are a part of this year's camp, and will each have an opportunity to don the U.S. colors for the first time since last being called into National Team camp in January of 2016.
Single-Game Tickets On Sale
- Fire fans can begin purchasing single-game tickets for the 2018 season on Friday, Jan. 19.
- Fans additionally have several mini-plan options to attend matches at Toyota Park this season, or can take advantage of a 2018 season ticket package.
2018 Section 8 Chicago Annual General Meeting
- The 2018 Section 8 Chicago AGM will be held Saturday, Jan. 20, at Schubas Tavern on the corner of Belmont and Southport in Chicago.
- For event details and information on the Section 8 Chicago 2018 board elections that will take place, visit www.s8c.org.
2018 Preseason Camp
- The Fire begin their 2018 preseason slate in Chicago with entrance physicals on Jan. 22, followed by training at the Toyota Park Dome on Jan. 23-26.
- The Fire then depart for Tampa, Fla. on Jan. 28, where they'll train until Feb. 8.
- Preseason wraps up with a final training stint in Florida at Bradenton's IMG Academy from Feb. 11-24.
- The Fire's list of preseason opponents will be announced at a later date.