MLS SuperDraft 2022 presented by adidas is set to take place on Tuesday, Jan. 11.
The country's top collegiate prospects will hope to hear their names called when the annual roster-building event begins kicks off at 2 p.m. CT on the league's digital channels.
There are three rounds in the SuperDraft this year, with each team allowed one pick per round. The first pick this year goes to expansion side Charlotte FC, followed by the teams that did not qualify for the Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs beginning with the team with the fewest 2021 regular-season points. The remaining positions are ranked by the fewest regular-season points among the teams that were eliminated in the same round of the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs.
Here's where the Fire will select in each round when the clock starts ticking on Tuesday (to be updated as selections are made):
- Round 1: Pick 7 - Traded to New York Red Bulls for $100k in 2022 General Allocation Money and the 11th overall pick
- Round 1: Pick 11 (Acquired from New York Red Bulls) - Kendall Burks, Defender - Washington
- Round 2: Pick 5 (33rd overall) - Charlie Ostrem, Defender - Washington
- Round 3: Pick 7 (63rd overall) - Carlo Ritaccio, Defender - Akron
- Round 4 (Compensatory Round): Pick 1 (85th overall) - Yanis Leerman, Defender - Central Florida
Draft Tracker & Eligible Players
Follow the helpful links below to get prepared for coverage of Tuesday's SuperDraft.