It’s a midweek matchup along the lakefront as Chicago Fire FC hosts the Philadelphia Union at Soldier Field for a 7 p.m. CT kickoff Wednesday night.
The matchup will be the Club’s annual celebration of Pride, and will feature a number of Pride-themed events, activities, and appearances both before and during the match.
Fans planning to attend on Wednesday can find the latest information on parking, safety, and stadium policies below, as well as additional highlights of fun things to expect throughout their Soldier Field experience in our Matchday Guide, presented by The Blackstone Hotel:
RECEIVE DISCOUNTED RATES WITH PRE-PURCHASED PARKING: Fans are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase their discounted parking passes in order to ensure a more seamless garage entry on busy matchdays. Parking passes can be purchased online for $30 (Season Ticket Holder rate) or $35 for vehicles (plus applicable fees).
Click here to view parking information and directions to Soldier Field by car, public transportation, or rideshare, as well as details on our free shuttle from the Roosevelt CTA station on matchdays.
STADIUM SAFETY: View all the information needed to make your trip to Soldier Field a smooth one, including our stadium entry policies, safety information, amenities, guest services and more by clicking here to visit our Soldier Field Matchday Guide.
NO BAGS: No bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, 4.5" x 6" small clutch, ADA/medical bags and manufactured diaper bags.
#CHIvPHI MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 4:00 PM - Parking lots and Burnham Downs open
- 5:30 PM - Stadium gates open
- 7:00 PM - Kickoff vs. D.C. United
To cap June’s month-long celebration of diversity, equity and inclusion, the Fire will honor the LGBTQIA+ community in Chicago and beyond with several pregame and in-game Pride-themed activations:
- Play Proud:
- To celebrate the Fire’s involvement in Common Goal’s Play Proud initiative, the Club will proudly display imagery throughout Soldier Field to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community. Play Proud imagery will be on the southeast corner tunnel cover, the ball stand, and the jumbotron/LED’s throughout the match
- As the Philadelphia Union are also a member of the Play Proud cohort, both teams will come together after the pre-match ceremonies and national anthem to hold a Play Proud banner and a show of strength and solidarity with the LGBTQIA+ community.
- In addition, the Club has partnered with Play Proud to have proceeds from the Fire’s pride t-shirt available in the Team Store at Soldier Field benefit the non-profit.
- Firestarter: Tierna Davidson, a defender for the Chicago Red Stars and U.S. Women’s National Team, will serve as the Club’s Fire Starter on June 29. The youngest member of the U.S. WNT that won the World Cup in 2019, Davidson is a member of the LGBTQIA+ community herself and an advocate for the community. To learn more about Davidson and her accomplishments on and off the field click here.
- Giveaway Item: The first 5,000 fans to enter Soldier Field on Wednesday will receive a special Pride-themed beach towel on their way through the gates.
- Anthem Singer: Chicago performer Sawyer Smith returns to Soldier Field to sing the National Anthem.
- Drag Shows: Fans enjoying the prematch tailgate at Burnham Downs can enjoy drag shows being held each hour.
Fans are encouraged to visit each of our three fan zones set up at Soldier Field before each home match - The North Side Fan Zone, Burnham Downs, and the South Courtyard.
- At the North Side Fan Zone outside Gate 47 on McFetridge Dr., fans can find the all-new Fire Merch Truck parked and stocked with the latest Fire gear for purchase. In addition, games and live music will be regular features here all season long.
- Burnham Downs - the team’s premiere spot for pregame fun outside Soldier Field - opens up at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, and is located outside Gate 0. The space includes various fan-focused activities, with music, live art work, food, soft drinks, Heineken and Revolution Hazy Pitch all available on-site.
- Inside Gate 0, the South Courtyard at Soldier Field features two brand new must-stop locations - The Chicago Fire Team Shop and the Second Star Pub. The new Chicago Fire Team Shop includes the widest variety of Fire gear among all merchandise locations in the stadium, while the Second Star Pub is a perfect place to grab a Hazy Pitch on the way to your seats. The South Courtyard also features photo booths, trivia, games, and - for our younger fans - our Kids Zone and Sparky’s Playhouse.
FREE SHUTTLES TO SOLDIER FIELD
We have partnered with Tuk Tuk Chicago to provide shuttles from the Roosevelt CTA stop to Soldier Field before each match. Shuttles will run starting two hours out from kickoff, with the last scheduled shuttle leaving Roosevelt 30 minutes before kickoff.
Summer at Soldier Field means a brand new bike valet for fans. Located conveniently near Gate 47 next to the Fire Merch Truck on the north side of the stadium, fans can jump off the Lakeshore path and valet their bicycle and helmet for $5. Valet operates from 4:30-9:30, and also offers a free tune-up if requested.
STARTING XI FLAGS:
Catch a matchday tradition located outside Gate 5 on the southwest side of Soldier Field. Happening prior to every match, join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez for the first glimpse of the Fire’s starting lineup when it’s revealed at 6:00 p.m.
HAZY PITCH AND HEINEKEN:
Both of the Club’s partner beers will be available throughout Soldier Field. Find them at the Second Star Pub (inside the South Courtyard at Gate 0), The Midway Club, and at locations throughout the stadium. A full list of matchday concessions offerings can be found in the Chicago Fire Mobile App by entering the all-new “Soldier Field Mode” feature.
USE THE FIRE MOBILE APP:
Alongside housing tickets, parking passes and an all-new interactive Soldier Field map, fans can be a part of the matchday experience from the palm of their hands Fire Mobile App. Use the app’s new “Soldier Field Mode” to choose a winner in our halftime L-Train Race on the video board. Fans who choose the winning train will win a special Fire-branded one-day Ventra pass! Be sure to turn your notifications on to receive the alert after the race.
In addition, fans can use the mobile app to vote on which Fire player they think deserves to be the Heineken Man of the Match. Voting becomes available following the start of the second half during each match.
Lastly, help set the tone for the second half by participating in our “Sounds of Chicagoland” vote that will determine which song will be played during the team’s return to the field.
Fans can visit the new flagship Chicago Fire FC Team Shop at Soldier Field near Second Star Pub in the South Courtyard. In addition, the Fire Merch Truck will be parked at the North Side Fan Zone outside the stadium on McFetridge Dr.
Showdown Against Seattle
We take on the Concacaf champion Sounders this Saturday night at Soldier Field!