After an entertaining 3-0 win over Atlanta United FC over the weekend, Chicago Fire FC is back at Soldier Field to go again on Wednesday night against Orlando City SC.
Fans planning on attending the match will find key information on our 2021 health and safety protocols as well as parking and directions to Soldier Field here:
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Click here to visit our Soldier Field Stadium Guide to view all the information needed to make your trip a smooth one, including the latest updates on our 2021 health and safety protocols, stadium entry policies, and more. Fans who are vaccinated are no longer required to wear masks.
- PARKING AND DIRECTIONS: Click here to view parking information and directions to Soldier Field by car, public transportation, or rideshare.
- CLEAR BAG POLICY: NO bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, ADA/medical bags and manufactured diaper bags.
Check out additional highlights of the unique items and activations fans in attendance can expect throughout Wednesday night's experience at Soldier Field below:
#CHIvORL MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 4:00 PM - Parking Lots and Burnham Downs open
- 5:30 PM - Stadium gates open
- 6:00 PM - Starting XI flags are raised outside Gate 6
- 7:00 PM - Kickoff against Orlando City SC
The Fire's long-awaited pre-match tailgate outside Soldier Field’s southeast entrance made its formal debut over the weekend prior to the Fire's 3-0 win over Atlanta United. Burnham Downs includes various fan-focused activities, with Fire merchandise, food, soft drinks, beer and other beverages, available for purchase. Burnham Downs is free and open to the public and will provide fun and games for all remaining home games. Here's what fans can expect to see at Burnham Downs throughout the remainder of the 2021 season.
- Games: Test your soccer skills at the speed shot station or try to improve your hand-eye coordination at the reaction game.
- Food Trucks: Throughout the year various local food trucks will be spotlighted showcasing the many diverse eats around the city. Swing by to see who is featured each match.
- Heineken Airstream Bar: For fans 21-and-over, head over the new Heineken Airstream Bar for an ice-cold Heineken as you countdown to kickoff.
- EA Sports FIFA: Head over to test your FIFA skills and take on opponents prior to the Fire match.
CAPTAIN'S ARMBAND GIVEAWAY:
The first 5,000 fans to enter the stadium will receive a special captain's armband on Wednesday night. Arrive and get to the gate early to grab yours before supplies run out!
TAILGATING IS BACK:
At last, tailgating has returned to Soldier Field! Fire up your grills on the Waldron Deck and start your matchday the right way before we kick off along the Lakefront.
QUICK STRIKE MARKET:
An all-new way to grab exclusive, autographed Fire merchandise, match-worn gear, and more can be found at the Quickstrike Market at Soldier Field. Check it out it inside Gate 0 on your way into the match. Kit customization will be available on-site as well.
STARTING XI FLAGS:
Catch a new matchday tradition located outside Gate 6 on the south-west side of Soldier Field. Happening prior to every match, join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez and shout the players last names as the flags are raised 60 minutes before kickoff.
Don’t miss the fireworks display on the field as the teams enter the pitch for kickoff!
All Fire merchandise available at Soldier Field will be buy one, get one half off for all fans through July 7. Merchandise will be available for sale outside the stadium on the Waldron Deck and inside the stadium at Section 150 and at the Quick Strike Market inside Gate 0.
ONLINE 50/50 RAFFLE:
Reminder that Illinois residents can now participate in the Chicago Fire's 50/50 raffle online! Entry begins 24 hours before kickoff at Fire5050.com or within the CFFC Mobile App. Play for your chance to win while supporting the work of the Chicago Fire Foundation.