Saturday is Fireworks Night at Soldier Field as the Fire’s summer schedule heats up with a visit from the Columbus Crew.
Stick around after the final whistle as we light up the lakefront with a fireworks display, presented by Heineken. In addition, prior to the match, be sure to get in early and grab Saturday’s special summer giveaway item - a Chicago Fire koozie, also presented by Heineken. More details on both items below.
Fans planning to attend on Saturday can find the latest information on parking, safety, and stadium policies below, as well as additional highlights of fun things to expect throughout their Soldier Field experience in our Matchday Guide, presented by The Blackstone Hotel:
RECEIVE DISCOUNTED RATES WITH PRE-PURCHASED PARKING: Fans are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase their discounted parking passes in order to ensure a more seamless garage entry on busy matchdays. Parking passes can be purchased online for $30 (Season Ticket Holder rate) or $35 for vehicles (plus applicable fees).
Click here to view parking information and directions to Soldier Field by car, public transportation, or rideshare, as well as details on our free shuttle from the Roosevelt CTA station on matchdays.
STADIUM SAFETY: View all the information needed to make your trip to Soldier Field a smooth one, including our stadium entry policies, safety information, amenities, guest services and more by clicking here to visit our Soldier Field Matchday Guide.
NO BAGS: No bags will be permitted in the stadium other than clear bags not exceeding 12” x 12”, 6” or smaller, 4.5" x 6" small clutch, ADA/medical bags and manufactured diaper bags.
#CHIvCLB MATCHDAY TIMELINE:
- 4:00 PM - Parking lots and Burnham Downs open
- 5:30 PM - Stadium gates open
- 7:00 PM - Kickoff vs. Columbus Crew
FIREWORKS NIGHT AT SOLDIER FIELD
Saturday’s match is the first of three-straight at Soldier Field, and we’re kicking off our July schedule with a special postmatch fireworks display set to the legends of Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll. Be sure to stay put after the final whistle and take in the whole show!
Before the fireworks begin, here are the other ways we’re celebrating summertime in Chicago on Saturday:
- Giveaway Item: The first 10,000 fans (aged 21 and older) who come through the gates at Soldier Field will receive a Chicago Fire-branded koozie, courtesy of Heineken.
- Light Show: If you haven’t already, be sure to download the Chicago Fire FC Mobile App and use it to take part in our all-new “Fire Lights” mobile phone light show. In the app, open Soldier Field Mode, tap the “Fire Lights” icon, and automatically sync up with everyone in the stadium!
- Entertainment: Catch performances from the USAF Starlifter Band both pregame and during halftime at the Second Star Pub located in the stadium’s South Courtyard inside Gate 0.
Fans are encouraged to visit each of our three fan zones set up at Soldier Field before each home match - The North Side Fan Zone, Burnham Downs, and the South Courtyard.
- At the North Side Fan Zone outside Gate 47 on McFetridge Dr., fans can find the all-new Fire Merch Truck parked and stocked with the latest Fire gear for purchase. In addition, games and live music will be regular features here all season long.
- Burnham Downs - the team’s premiere spot for pregame fun outside Soldier Field - opens up at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, and is located outside Gate 0. The space includes various fan-focused activities, with music, live art work, food, soft drinks, Heineken and Revolution Hazy Pitch all available on-site.
- This weekend at Burnham Downs, find DJ Cabrera on the main stage doing trivia for seat upgrades and signed memorabilia
- In addition, local artist Myron Laban will be continuing a live mural collaboration with ABLA
- Inside Gate 0, the South Courtyard at Soldier Field features two brand new must-stop locations - The Chicago Fire Team Shop and the Second Star Pub. The new Chicago Fire Team Shop includes the widest variety of Fire gear among all merchandise locations in the stadium, while the Second Star Pub is a perfect place to grab a Hazy Pitch on the way to your seats. The South Courtyard also features photo booths, trivia, games, and - for our younger fans - our Kids Zone and Sparky’s Playhouse.
FREE SHUTTLES TO SOLDIER FIELD
We have partnered with Tuk Tuk Chicago to provide shuttles from the Roosevelt CTA stop to Soldier Field before each match. Shuttles will run starting two hours out from kickoff, with the last scheduled shuttle leaving Roosevelt 30 minutes before kickoff.
Summer at Soldier Field means a brand new bike valet for fans. Located conveniently near Gate 47 next to the Fire Merch Truck on the north side of the stadium, fans can jump off the Lakeshore path and valet their bicycle and helmet for $5 (cash or credit). Valet operates from 5:30-10 p.m, and also offers a free tune-up if requested.
STARTING XI FLAGS:
Catch a matchday tradition located outside Gate 5 on the southwest side of Soldier Field. Happening prior to every match, join Fire PA announcer Tico Fernandez for the first glimpse of the Fire’s starting lineup when it’s revealed at 6:00 p.m.
HAZY PITCH AND HEINEKEN:
Both of the Club’s partner beers will be available throughout Soldier Field. Find them at the Second Star Pub (inside the South Courtyard at Gate 0), The Midway Club, and at locations throughout the stadium. A full list of matchday concessions offerings can be found in the Chicago Fire Mobile App by entering the all-new “Soldier Field Mode” feature.
USE THE FIRE MOBILE APP:
Alongside housing tickets, parking passes, and an all-new interactive Soldier Field map, fans can be a part of the matchday experience from the palm of their hands within the Fire Mobile App. Use the app’s new “Soldier Field Mode” to choose a winner in our halftime L-Train Race on the video board. Fans who choose the winning train will win a special Fire-branded one-day Ventra pass that can be claimed at guest services! Be sure to turn your notifications on to receive the alert after the race.
In addition, fans can use the mobile app to vote on which Fire player they think deserves to be the Heineken Man of the Match. Voting becomes available following the start of the second half during each match.
Lastly, help set the tone for the second half by participating in our “Sounds of Chicagoland” vote that will determine which song will be played during the team’s return to the field.
Fans can visit the new flagship Chicago Fire FC Team Shop at Soldier Field near Second Star Pub in the South Courtyard. In addition, the Fire Merch Truck will be parked at the North Side Fan Zone outside the stadium on McFetridge Dr.