Chicago Fire FC are back along the Lakefront tonight as reigning MLS Supporters Shield winners the Philadelphia Union visit Soldier Field for the second time this season at 7 p.m. CT.
The Fire will be looking to get back in the win column this evening, after a late Robert Berić finish was negated by VAR on Wednesday night in what became a 1-0 defeat to FC Cincinnati. The Union enter the match in third place in the Eastern Conference and are unbeaten in seven-straight matches.
Play-by-play commentator Arlo White is back on the call this evening alongside Tony Meola, with Tyler Terens joining the broadcast from the sideline on WGN-TV and CFFC Live.
With kickoff an hour out, all the details on head coach Raphael Wicky's starting XI to face Philadelphia are below:
- One change has been made to the starting XI that took on FC Cincinnati on Wednesday night. Midfielder Álvaro Medrán returns to the lineup in place of Jhon Espinoza.
- Coming off a career-high and Club record 11 saves on Wednesday night, goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth takes his place in net, earning his 212th career MLS appearance.
- Defender Johan Kappelhof starts for the second-consecutive match, and makes his 130th start regular season start. Kappelhof has appeared 135 times for the Fire overall since joining the Club in 2016.
- Defender Boris Sekulić starts for the 31st time in a row tonight. He joins Shuttleworth and captain Francisco Calvo as the only players to have started all 10 matches for the Fire in 2021.
- Rounding out the defensive unit are Miguel Navarro, who earns his sixth-straight start, and Mauricio Pineda, who will make his 30th career appearance for the Fire.
- Fabian Herbers will start in midfield and gets closer to a major MLS milestone, receiving his 97th career regular season appearance in the league.
- Joining Herbers in midfield is Luka Stojanović, who currently leads the team with three goals scored this season.
- Up top, Designated Players Robert Berić and Ignacio Aliseda will lead the attacking line this evening.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, defender Jonathan Bornstein, defender Jhon Espinoza, midfielder Elliot Collier, midfielder Brian Gutiérrez, midfielder Javier Casas Jr., midfielder Przemysław Frankowski, and forward Chinonso Offor.
- Midfielder Gastón Giménez (Paraguay) is unavailable for selection tonight due to international duty.
- Midfielder Stanislav Ivanov (left knee), defender Wyatt Omsberg (left hip), defender Carlos Teran (right shin), and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at both team's starting lineups as they're available in the graphics below: