Chicago Fire FC returns to Soldier Field tonight for the first time since May 29 as they prepare to host Eastern Conference counterparts FC Cincinnati.
Head coach Raphael Wicky's side will be looking to right the ship coming out of Saturday's 2-0 defeat on the road at Columbus Crew SC with a quick turnaround into Wednesday's contest. FC Cincinnati enter the match at the bottom of the conference table with seven points through eight matches played so far in 2021.
In the broadcast booth, play-by-play commentator Arlo White makes his Soldier Field debut this evening alongside Tony Meola, with Tyler Terens joining the call from the sideline on WGN-TV and CFFC Live.
As kickoff nears, the details on Wicky's chosen XI to take on Cincinnati at 7 p.m. CT are below:
- Four changes have been made to the lineup from Saturday's defeat at Columbus.
- Leading goal-scorer Luka Stojanović returns to the starting XI after appearing as a substitute last time out. Stojanović has three goals and an assist to his name so far in 2021.
- Jhon Espinoza receives his first career start for the Fire, in what will be his fifth appearance overall since arriving this past offseason.
- Forward Robert Berić is back to lead the attacking line from the outset this evening, making his 30th career start for the Fire (32 appearances overall).
- Johan Kappelhof is back in the starting squad for the first time since May 8, and makes his 134th career appearance for the Club.
- Midfielder Fabian Herbers inches closer to his 100th career MLS regular season appearance, receiving his 96th as part of tonight's starting lineup.
- Ignacio Aliseda starts for the second-straight match, earning his 24th appearance for the Fire.
- Wicky will deploy a defensive unit with one change, as Mauricio Pineda - in for Carlos Terán - lines up centrally alongside captain Francisco Calvo, and Boris Sekulić and Miguel Navarro patrolling out wide. They'll be backed up by goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, who makes his 211th career MLS regular season appearance.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, defender Jonathan Bornstein, defender Carlos Terán, midfielder Álvaro Medrán, midfielder Elliot Collier, midfielder Brian Gutiérrez, midfielder Javier Casas Jr., midfielder Alex Monis, and forward Chinonso Offor.
- Frankowski (Poland) and midfielder Gastón Giménez (Paraguay) are unavailable for selection tonight due to international duty.
- Midfielder Stanislav Ivanov (left knee), defender Wyatt Omsberg (left hip), and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at both team's starting lineups as they're available in the graphics below: