Chicago Fire FC's wraps up a three-game homestand on Sunday evening as they prepare to take on rivals Columbus Crew at Soldier Field.
Head coach Raphael Wicky's side are unbeaten in this current home stretch, having drawn 0-0 against New York City FC on Aug. 4 before beating the New York Red Bulls 2-1 last Sunday. A win against Columbus on Sunday would help the Fire gain ground on their Eastern Conference counterparts, who are in eighth place entering the match having lost four straight.
Kickoff from Soldier Field is set for 5 p.m. CT, with broadcast coverage available on WGN-TV and CFFC Live. Ahead of the opening whistle, get the details on tonight's starting lineup below:
- No changes have been made from last week's starting XI that was victorious against the Red Bulls.
- After scoring a pair of goals in the opening eight minutes of last week's match, midfielder Luka Stojanović returns to the opening lineup this evening. Stojanović currently leads the team with five goals scored so far this season, and was named MLS Player of the Week for his performance.
- Forward Chinonso Offor leads the attacking line this evening, alongside Elliot Collier. Offor picked up his first Fire assist on Stojanović's opening goal last weekend. Collier starts for the second-straight match, earning his 10th appearance of the 2021 campaign.
- Defender Carlos Terán is back in the starting group along the defensive back line. Terán exited last weekend's match early with an injury concern in the 66th minute, but returns to get his second-straight start and fifth appearance of the season tonight.
- Joining Terán in the back are Mauricio Pineda and captain Francisco Calvo. Pineda makes his 12th straight start, while Calvo earns his fourth-straight since returning from the Concacaf Gold Cup.
- Out wide, Boris Sekulić and Jonathan Bornstein will line up opposite one another along the touchlines. Sekulić has been the team's most consistent starter since debuting last season, making his 40th-straight start for Wicky this evening.
- In the center of the park, Gastón Giménez and Fabian Herbers will help patrol the midfield alongside Stojanović.
- Goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth takes his place between the posts this evening, making his 18th start of the season.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, goalkeeper Chris Brady, defender Jhon Espinoza, defender Johan Kappelhof, defender Wyatt Omsberg, midfielder Brian Gutiérrez, midfielder Stanislav Ivanov, midfielder Alex Monis, and forward Robert Berić.
- Defender Miguel Navarro (right shin), midfielder Javier Casas Jr. (right shin), midfielder Ignacio Aliseda (calf), midfielder Álvaro Medrán (health and safety protocols), and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at the Crew's starting lineup below as it becomes available: