A busy September for the Chicago Fire resumes on Wednesday night as the team travels to face D.C. United at Audi Field.
The Fire were undone 2-0 last time out in a defeat on the road at Sporting Kansas City on Saturday night. Tonight, in what will be their fifth of six-straight games away from home, the Fire will look to claim all three points against their old Eastern Conference rivals and reassert themselves into the postseason conversation. D.C. enter the matchup occupying the seventh and final playoff spot in the East after a 1-1 draw at the New York Red Bulls over the weekend.
With tonight's kickoff an hour away, get a look below at how head coach Raphael Wicky will line up his side and tune in for coverage on WGN-TV, CFFC Live, WOJO 105.1 FM HD-3, and MLS LIVE's out-of-market package on ESPN+.
- Four changes have been made from this past weekend's lineup that took on Sporting Kansas City.
- Up top, forward Chinonso Offor rejoins the first XI and makes his eighth start of 2021 in spelling Robert Berić. He'll be joined by Fabian Herbers and the Fire's leading scorer Luka Stojanović (7) in the attack tonight.
- In midfield, Gastón Giménez is back in the starting XI after missing Saturday's match against SKC while returning from international duty with Paraguay. Jhon Espinoza also returns to the lineup, making his third start of the season and first since Aug. 18. They'll replace Stanislav Ivanov and Boris Sekulić, respectively.
- Joining Giménez and Espinoza in the midfield are Álvaro Medrán and Miguel Navarro, who will lineup out wide opposite Espinoza.
- Along the back line, Wyatt Omsberg receives his first start since Aug. 1, replacing Mauricio Pineda. He'll partner with Carlos Terán - who earns his 10th appearance and seventh-straight start - and Jonathan Bornstein, who will wear the captain's armband this evening.
- Goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth makes his 23rd start of the season tonight in net.
- Available to Wicky as substitutions tonight are goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina, defender Johan Kappelhof, defender/midfielder Mauricio Pineda, defender Boris Sekulić, midfielder Federico Navarro, forward Elliot Collier, forward Ignacio Aliseda, forward Stanslav Ivanov, and forward Robert Berić.
- Midfielder Brian Gutierrez (right ankle), defender Francisco Calvo (right thigh), and goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm (right knee) are out due to injury for tonight's match.
Get a look at D.C. United's starting lineup below as it becomes available: