Chicago Fire FC will play its third game of a four-game homestand at Soldier Field on Saturday, July 3, taking on Atlanta United FC at 7:00 p.m. CT. The match will be broadcast live on WGN-TV, CFFC Live and TUDN 1200 AM. Saturday’s game will mark the Club’s return to full soccer capacity with tickets for the match available here.
The debut of Burnham Downs, a pre-match tailgate hosted by the Club outside Soldier Field’s southeast entrance, will open five and a half hours prior to kickoff. The festivities will include various fan-focused activities, while Fire merchandise, along with food, soft drinks, beer and other beverages, will be available for purchase. Burnham Downs is free and open to the public and will provide fun and games for all remaining home games.
Additionally, the Fire will also be hosting the first ever Day of Fútbol to highlight the world’s game. Beginning at 8:00 a.m. CT at the CIBC Fire Pitch, the 2021 Chicago Fire Unified All-Star Team will host Atlanta United FC’s Unified Team as the partnership between the Fire and the Special Olympics enters its ninth year. For more information on the Special Olympics, click here.
At 1:30 p.m. CT, Day of Fútbol activities will kick off at Burnham Downs with a viewing party that will feature the UEFA EURO Quarterfinals match between Ukraine and England (2:00 p.m. CT), followed by MLS matches and the Copa América Quarterfinal match between Uruguay and Colombia (5:05 p.m. CT).
Day of Fútbol will be highlighted by appearances from Fire play-by-play commentators Arlo White and Tyler Terens along with color analyst and U.S. Soccer Hall of Famer Tony Meola.
- 1:30 PM: Burnham Downs opens
- 2:00 PM: Ukraine vs. England (UEFA EURO Quarterfinal)
- 3:00 PM: Halftime Programming with Tyler Terens
- 4:00 PM: Columbus Crew vs. New England Revolution
- 4:30 PM: Q&A session with Arlo White, Tony Meola & Tyler Terens
- 5:05 PM: Uruguay vs. Colombia (Copa América Quarterfinal) and other MLS matches
- 6:00 PM: Starting XI flag raising
- 6:30 PM: Burnham Downs closes
Among the new fan opportunities at Burnham Downs for the remainder of the 2021 season include:
- Games: Test your soccer skills at the speed shot station or try to improve your hand-eye coordination at the reaction game.
- Live Painting Brick Wall: Anthony Lewellen, a local Chicago artist, will be creating live art inspired by the new crest.
- Heineken Airstream Bar: For fans 21-and-over, head over the new Heineken Airstream Bar for an ice-cold Heineken as you countdown to kickoff.
- EA Sports FIFA: Head over to test your FIFA skills and take on opponents prior to the Fire match.
With the early opening of Burnham Downs on July 3, the North Garage parking lot will be open for the entire day while stadium gates will open at 5:30 p.m., an hour and a half prior to the 7:00 p.m. kickoff time. Fans are welcome to tailgate on the top of the Waldron Parking Deck starting at 4:00 p.m. CT. For all remaining home games following July 3, Burnham Downs will open three hours prior to kickoff on the East Lawn.
In addition, the first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive a woven patch, marking the first opportunity for fans to secure an item featuring the new Chicago Fire FC crest.
After the match, fans are encouraged to stay in their seats for a spectacular post-game fireworks show, presented by Heineken.