For the 2021 season, all approved media members will be given Tier 3 credential status for Soldier Field. All media issued 2021 Chicago Fire FC Season Credentials will be honored in a limited capacity and must email Elizabeth Sanchez (email@example.com) to confirm their status for the upcoming home matches. Single game credentials should be requested no later than 24-hours prior to the requested matchday. Due to a limited number of occupancy, we ask that only one media member per outlet RSVP to accommodate seating.
All media members will be designated Tier 3 and provided a lanyard at check-in at the ticket booth outside Gate 10 after completing temperature check and submitting the Standardized Screening Questionnaire.
Please note that an application is not a guarantee of a credential. Chicago Fire FC Communications will follow-up if your credential is approved.
Chicago Fire FC Communications will issue credentials to working members of the media representing recognized media outlets in the business of news gathering and sports reporting as a primary function of their business. Media outlets eligible for credentials include:
- Wire Services
- Credible Websites
- Sport-Specific Publications
All media credentials are non-transferrable and distributed at the discretion of the Chicago Fire Communications staff. Media members who receive credentials must be on assignment for a reputable media organization. Any freelance photographer or reporter must be able to submit an assignment letter from a news outlet if requested.
Chicago Fire FC may prioritize working media credential requests using the following factors, among others:
- Broadcast partners, including television and radio personnel responsible for live broadcast of Major League Soccer and/or Chicago Fire FC
- Full-time local beat reporters who cover the team on a daily basis for large-scale local print and broadcast outlets, including newspapers, wire services, radio stations and television affiliates
- Full-time radio and television personnel producing reports on Chicago Fire FC matches
- Large-scale national outlets, including national newspapers, magazines, television stations, websites and more
In the case of independent online representatives, Chicago Fire FC will consider media credential applicants who have a history of professional journalism and have an established body of work on a consistent basis. Media credentials will not be issued to independent online media representatives whose websites aggregate content as their main source of information. Credential applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The following will be considered regarding independent online representatives:
- History of professional journalism experience
- Demonstrates a professional standard and transparency, as determined by Major League Soccer and Chicago Fire FC
- Established body of work covering Major League Soccer and/or Chicago Fire FC, as proven by the amount of regularly produced original content. The Chicago Fire Communications department has the right to request published bodies of work.
- Quantifiable weekly and monthly number of unique visitor traffic data based on a recognized and objective measurement company
- Duration of covering Major League Soccer and/or Chicago Fire FC (suggested period of at least three years)
Credentials must be worn and visible at all times during match day. Credentialed media will receive admission to the event and access to media work areas. Misuse of a Chicago Fire FC media credential (ex: accessing areas not available to media or requesting photos with players) will result in the immediate loss of the credential, removal from the media areas and the possible loss of credential privileges for future matches.
Training Center Info
The Chicago Fire train at SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview, Illinois. The health and safety protocol prohibits media access to training sessions, restricting access to players and essential staff only. Chicago Fire Communications will provide recorded interviews, b-roll footage and photography. Players and coaches will also be available to media members virtually on a regular basis. To participate in the virtual availability, media members must RSVP with Jhamie Chin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the club's online Record Book, click here.