Official Rules: The Chicago Fire Foundation (“Foundation”) may conduct in person and/or online raffles for money or prizes (together, the “Raffle”) affiliated with its home soccer matches played by Chicago Fire Football Club (“Club”) at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois (“Stadium”). By purchasing raffle tickets for the Raffle, each eligible participant of the Raffle (each, a “Participant”) agrees to be bound by (i) these rules (“Official Rules”), and (ii) the decisions of the Foundation, which shall be made in the Foundation’s sole discretion and shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. These Official Rules are available on the Foundation’s website (the “Website”). The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. Prize: Each winning Participant of each Raffle, as determined by the Foundation in accordance with these Official Rules (each, an “Official Winner”), will receive an individually designated prize which may include fifty percent (50%) of the Net Proceeds (each, a “Prize”) of the raffle tickets sold and received by the Foundation during this event (collectively, “Raffle Tickets”) or Club equipment, apparel, tickets, or match experiences. The retail value of 50% of the Net Proceeds will depend upon the number of raffle tickets sold, and the retail value of the other prizes will range from a few hundred dollars for individual items to a few hundred to thousand dollars for match experiences.
3. Remainder of Net Proceeds: The Foundation will receive the remaining fifty percent (50%) or more of the Net Proceeds from each Raffle. “Net Proceeds” means the gross receipts from the Raffle, less reasonable sums to cover the Foundation’s reasonable administrative expenses (including reasonable sums expended for license fees and other reasonable operating expenses directly related to the Raffle). The Foundation’s share of the Net Proceeds will benefit the programs operated by the Foundation and charitable donations made by the Foundation, including programs that provide sports-based youth development and direct-service programs to underserved communities in the Chicagoland area.
4. Eligibility to Enter: During the dates and times and other details specified in these Official Rules, Raffle Tickets MAY BE PURCHASED ONLY BY PERSONS 18 YEARS OR OLDER and who are PHYSICALLY LOCATED WITHIN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, in accordance with these Official Rules. Raffle Tickets may NOT be purchased by anyone under the age of 18, regardless of location or method of purchase. The Raffle Ticket sales locations include online sales limited to persons located in Illinois at the time of purchase. This Raffle is void wherever prohibited by law.
5. Ineligible Persons: The following persons are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in the Raffle or to win any Prize: employees, officers, directors, shareholders, members, volunteers, agents, and consultants of the Foundation, the Club, Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (“MLS”), Soccer United Marketing, LLC (“SUM” and together with the Club and MLS, the “MLS Entities”), and those certain registered manufacturers and distributors of the Foundation’s Raffle-related products or services (collectively, the “Ineligible Parties”), and any parent, subsidiary, affiliated entity, advertising agency, promotion agency and immediate family members of any Ineligible Party. “Immediate family members” means spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings (and any of their respective spouses) of an Ineligible Party.
6. Purchasing Raffle Tickets: The Raffle Tickets for each Raffle may be purchased in the amounts designated for the event. There are no discounts or complimentary Raffle Tickets. Raffle Tickets may be sold as follows:
ALL METHODS OF PURCHASE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets a Participant may purchase. Each Participant will receive a receipt corresponding to his/her purchased Raffle Tickets. Raffle Tickets which are or appear to be tampered with are void. Foundation shall be the sole judge of the validity of all Raffle Tickets and eligibility of each Official Winner. All purchases of Raffle Tickets shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by Foundation. Raffle Tickets are only valid for the Drawing(s) (defined below) held on the date of the Participant’s purchase of the Raffle Tickets.
7. Selection of the Official Winner: The Foundation or its agents will conduct a random drawing of the Raffle from eligible Raffle Tickets sold and received (each, the “Drawing”) and shall notify the Official Winner by posting of the winning ticket number or by direct communication through phone, text, or email.
8. Claiming the Prize: Foundation shall have the sole discretion to determine whether each Participant claiming to be a winner of the Raffle is an Official Winner of a Prize, and once rendered, the Foundation’s decision regarding the eligibility and identify of the Official Winner shall be final and binding. To become an Official Winner, each Participant must:
a. Have been eligible to purchase a Raffle Ticket and participate in the Raffle under these Official Rules, and must not be in violation of these Official Rules as determined in Foundation’s sole discretion;
b. The winning Raffle Tickets must be inspected and verified by Foundation;
c. Provide Foundation with all tax identification information required by federal, state or local law.
Foundation shall use the following rules to determine the identity of the Official Winner of each Prize. Foundation shall conclusively presume that the Participant who is in possession of the winning Raffle Tickets is the lawful owner of such Raffle Tickets, and Foundation shall not make, nor have any duty to make, any inquiry whatsoever into the circumstances under which that Participant came into possession of such winning Raffle Ticket. Raffle Tickets may be shared by multiple Participants; provided, however, that in the event of a dispute, the direct Participant of the Raffle will be presumed to be the Official Winner. In the unlikely event that an error or problem in the administration of the Raffle results in two (2) or more Participants holding winning Raffle Tickets that contain identical ticket numbers, then the Participant who has record of the earliest Raffle Ticket purchase shall be deemed to hold the winning Raffle Ticket and shall be deemed the Official Winner in accordance with these Official Rules. If a Participant does not satisfy all of the requirements set forth in this Section 8 or in the Official Rules, then the Prize will be forfeited and will be retained by Foundation for charitable use. The Foundation shall have no obligation and shall not contact an Official Winner. All Prizes will be sent to the Official Winner within thirty (30) calendar days of the Official Winner claiming the winning Raffle Ticket and delivering all other required documents to Foundation. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the Official Winner.
9. Odds: The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle Tickets sold and received during the applicable event period.
10. Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible: At the time of this printing, the Internal Revenue Service appears to have taken the position that no portion of the Raffle ticket price may be deducted as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes. Participants should consult with their own tax, legal, and accounting advisors before pursuing, withholding, or claiming such a deduction, and the deductibility of the Raffle Tickets is subject to change without notice.
11. Taxes: Each Official Winner shall be responsible for any and all travel, costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the Prize. At the time of this printing, federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from each Official Winner upon award and distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each Prize is claimed will be followed, including a Prize that may be claimed by multiple persons.
12. List of Official Winners: A list of Official Winners is available in accordance with these Official Rules by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked between March and December of each calendar year, to: Chicago Fire Foundation, Attn: Raise for P.L.A.Y.S. Raffle, 1 N. Dearborn, Suite 1300, Chicago, IL 60602.
13. Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize: Each Participant in the Raffle may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other eligible persons, but in doing so such Participant waives any claim he/she/they might otherwise have to the Prize. Each Participant may not re-sell their Raffle Tickets to other persons or parties, and may not knowingly give Raffle Tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other persons or parties to re-sell such Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. Participants who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win the Prize. An Official Winner may transfer his/her/their Prize to a third party, provided that the following conditions are satisfied in the Foundation’s sole discretion: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been eligible to enter the Raffle and win the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules; (b) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Official Rules; and (c) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the Official Winner, including the requirements set forth in Section 8.
14. General Conditions: The Released Parties (defined below) shall not be responsible or liable for:
a. Raffle Tickets which are incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, lost, damaged, illegible, given away, or no longer in the Participant’s possession;
b. Raffle Tickets that have been or may have been tampered with or re-sold in violation of these Official Rules;
c. Raffle Tickets or payments that are delayed, misdirected, lost, interrupted, undelivered, unavailable, miscommunicated, not fully captured, or garbled as a result of any failure or problem whatsoever with the availability, functionality, operability, or use of the Website, the App, any network, server, ISP, website, app, computer, telephone, cable or satellite modem or connection, hand held mobile device, computer hardware or software, or any other computer equipment or connection, whether or not caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by viruses, worms, or malfunctions affecting a network, server ISP or any equipment or programming used in, associated with, or arising out of the Raffle; and
d. Prizes that are delayed, misdirected, lost, not received by an Official Winner, or miscommunicated;
e. Any and all of Participant’s or an Official Winner’s tax liability related to or arising out of the purchase of Raffle Tickets and the receipt of the Prize, or the accuracy or inaccuracy of the tax deductibility and withholding statements contained in these Official Rules;
f. Any inadvertent or unintentional release or disclosure of a Participant’s or Official Winner’s credit card or other personal information submitted to the Foundation in connection with the Raffle; and
g. Any other errors of any kind, whether human, typographical, printing, mechanical, network, wireless service, or electronic in nature, which relate to or are connected to or arising out of the Raffle or the cancellation or postponement of any Home Match held at the Stadium, including without limitation errors and miscalculations in Raffle-related materials or in the administration of the Raffle by Foundation or its agents, including, but not limited to, errors or miscalculations in processing Raffle Tickets, identifying the Official Winner, determining the Official Winner, or announcing or delivering the Prize (collectively, as described in clauses (a) through (f) of this Section, “Miscalculations”).
h. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize (or any portion thereof); and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty.
15. Release of Liability: Participants and Official Winners, by participating in the Raffle, agree that the Foundation, the Club, and the MLS Entities, each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, shareholders, members, consultants, volunteers, sponsors, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Participants and Official Winners against, any and all claims, demands, injuries, losses, liabilities, cost, expenses or damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, damages for death, personal injury, property damage of any kind or property loss, or other harm related to or resulting from, whether in whole or in part or directly or indirectly, participation in this Raffle, winning or receiving the Prize, the Miscalculations, any travel or activity related to or arising out of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Raffle Ticket or Prize, these Official Rules and their application thereof, and all means of Raffle Ticket sales including, but not limited to, online ticket sales via the Website, the App, or other online media now known or hereafter discovered, the sale of Raffle Tickets, the Raffle process, the Foundation’s selection of the Official Winner, and/or the delivery and distribution of the Prize.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP ASSOCIATED WITH THE RAFFLE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE FOUNDATION WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT, AND THE FOUNDATION AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. Limitation of Liability: A Participant’s and an Official Winner’s sole and exclusive remedy for any Released Parties’ breach of duty or conduct related to the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her Raffle Tickets. In no event shall any Released Parties be liable to any person for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the Raffle.
17. Publicity Release: Each Official Winner, by accepting a Prize, hereby grants Foundation and its designees and affiliates, including the Club, full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such Official Winner’s name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and Prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity.
18. Modification, Suspension, or Cancellation of the Raffle: Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Raffle (or any portion thereof) for any reason from time to time and at any time, including, but not limited to, in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof). In the event of such modification, suspension, or cancellation of the Raffle, the Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to elect to identify an Official Winner and award the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, Raffle Tickets received up to the time of such modification, suspension, or cancellation.
19. Modifications to Official Rules: Foundation reserves the right to modify, amend, restate, or cancel these Official Rules from time to time and at any time.
20. Waiver: The Foundation’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision by the Foundation.
21. Intellectual Property: All Raffle materials are copyrighted by Foundation, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without Foundation’s express prior written consent. All trademarks or other intellectual property are the property of their respective owners, and my not be used except with express written consent of the owners.
22. Governing Law: The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to a Participant or Official Winner, particular persons, or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Official Rules shall be located in Cook County, Illinois. Where required for proper interpretation, words in the singular shall include the plural; the masculine gender shall include the neuter and the feminine, and vice versa.
23. Official Sponsor: The Official Sponsor of the Raffle is the Chicago Fire Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization located at 1 N. Dearborn, Suite 1300, Chicago, Illinois 60602.