Are Counting On Us
The Chicago Fire Foundation P.L.A.Y.S. (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth, Soccer) Program is committed to enhancing the academic performance and life skills of third through fifth grade boys and girls in 40 of Chicago’s most underserved schools located predominately on the City’s south and west sides. The lessons taught and values learned extend beyond the field to the classroom, P.L.A.Y.S. both impacts a child's likelihood of academic success and improves their life trajectory.
In its eighth year, P.L.A.Y.S. serves nearly 1,000 at-risk youth across the city. Now more than ever they need our help! Please join us in Standing for Chicago. All fans are invited to participate in "Raise For P.L.A.Y.S." in conjunction with Chicago Fire FC's match vs. New York Red Bulls on Saturday, Oct. 24, airing at 6:30 PM CT on WGN-TV and ESPN+
Week of Giving Raffle - Now Live!
Put your donation to work! Each day leading up to the "Raise for P.L.A.Y.S." event, we're drawing for amazing CFFC raffle prizes -- each ticket you buy increases your chance to win and provides additional opportunities for P.L.A.Y.S. Program participants in Chicago Public Schools. See below for the full schedule of raffle drawings and purchase your tickets NOW at the levels below. Click here for Official Rules.
1 Ticket for $25
3 Tickets for $50
10 Tickets for $100
This is a can't miss opportunity for a once in a life-time Chicago Fire Soldier Field experience! The winner of this grand prize package will receive a customized Fire jersey and six (6) tickets to a 2021 Fire match at Soldier Field along with the following for the winner and their guests:
- Ride in style with car transportation for the winner and guests to and from Soldier Field
- See where the magic happens with a behind the scenes look and tour of the locker room
- Smell the freshly cut grass as you watch warm ups from sidelines
- Experience what it is like to call the game as you visit the broadcast booth and on-air talent
- See your name lights with a welcome message on the big screen
- Enjoy the game from Skyline Suite with unobstructed views while you indulge in unlimited food and beverages
- Stock up on your Fire gear with Fire swag bags for everyone in your group
- Get up close and personal with members of the First team during a post-game meet and greet with Fire players (specific players TBD)
- At the end of the match, say cheese and capture the memories with a on-field post game group photo
- Stay hydrated and Fuel your Fire with a year's supply of BODYARMOR Sports Drink
Raffle tickets for this incredible package are available at: (1) for $75, (5) for $250 or (12) for $500. Purchase by 8:00 PM on Saturday, Oct. 24 and tune into the live broadcast of Fire vs. Red Bulls on WGN-TV and ESPN+ for the winning number to be drawn!
Chicago Fire FC announced in March 2020 that Chicago Fire Foundation’s P.L.A.Y.S. Program (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth, Soccer) has expanded to 40 Chicago Public Schools, serving nearly 1,000 youth in underserved communities. That number is up from 30 schools in 2019 and eight schools in its inaugural year of 2013.
More than 40% of public school students in Chicago do not graduate high school, and nearly 70 students drop out of school every day. The Chicago Fire Football Club is looking to change these grim statistics through the Club’s innovative after-school soccer program, P.L.A.Y.S., a 10-week program integrating soccer with social and emotional learning character skills to ultimately improve participants’ academic performance, while providing a safe and supportive environment to engage in soccer.
P.L.A.Y.S. participants have had a decrease in behavior infractions, number of disciplinary incidents, unexcused absences, suspensions and failing grades. There has also been a 50% drop in crime near program spaces, which is significant given that 60% of P.L.A.Y.S. schools were in the top 20 most violent neighborhoods in Chicago.