The Men In Red are back on the road tonight (Friday) and seeking a second win this season over the New York Red Bulls, facing their longtime Eastern Conference foe at Red Bull Arena. Below is a closer look at the Starting XI presented by AT&T and the full squad fielded by head coach Veljko Paunovic.
Be sure to tune in for kickoff of tonight's match at 7 PM on UniMás and streaming live on Twitter.
- After scoring in his return from international duty last Saturday, Aleksandar Katai again slots into his place in midfield tonight for the Fire. Katai's only other visit to Red Bull Arena saw him deliver a Goal-of-the-Year-caliber strike back on April 21, 2018.
- After appearing as a substitute last week, forward CJ Sapong returns to the Starting XI to lead the line for the Fire. Chicago's top goal-scorer on the season (6), Sapong has registered seven goals in 19 career appearances (14 starts) against the New York Red Bulls.
- Przemysław Frankowski tonight makes his first start in MLS since May 29 at D.C., following back-to-back appearances as a reserve.
- Goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm makes his fifth consecutive start in MLS regular season play for the Men In Red.
- Forward Fabian Herbers makes his second straight regular season start for the Fire.
- Playing against his former Red Bulls side (2011-16), Fire captain Dax McCarty gets his 18th start of the year and remains the only Fire player to start every match for the Club in 2019. McCarty is now three MLS regular season appearances shy of 350 for his career.
- Brandt Bronico returns to the Starting XI, his fourth start in the last six MLS regular season matches.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger makes his 17th start of the year and the 72nd of his career with the Fire.
- Midfielder Djordje Mihailović (USA) and defender Francisco Calvo (Costa Rica) remain unavailable for selection while representing their respective nations at the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. In the upcoming quarterfinal round, Costa Rica will face Mexico tomorrow (Saturday), while Mihailović and the U.S. Men's National Team will take on Curaçao on Sunday (June 30).
- Defender Johan Kappelhof (thigh) will miss a second straight match due to injury.