Capping a three-game homestand today against the New York Red Bulls, Chicago Fire manager Veljko Paunovic has unveiled his Starting XI and bench presented by AT&T.
Check out a few notes on today's squad:
- Homegrown defender Jeremiah Gutjahr is set for his professional and MLS debut with the Men In Red. Gutjahr, who was signed to a Homegrown contract in the offseason, received the nod at left back for his debut.
- Midfielder Nicolás Gaitán, who arrived in Chicago to much fanfare on Thursday, is available for selection off the bench for today's match.
- Second-year Mo Adams makes his 2019 debut alongside Dax McCarty in the middle of the pitch. Coincidentally, it was also against the New York Red Bulls that Adams made his professional debut in 2018, helping the Fire to a 2-1 road victory at Red Bull Arena on April 21, 2018.
- Midfielder Aleksandar Katai returns to the Starting XI after missing the March 16 match vs. Seattle due to injury.
- Forward CJ Sapong starts for the fourth time in four matches this season. Sapong has recorded two goals and one assist in his first three appearances as a member of the Fire.
- Dax McCarty will be wearing the captain's armband against the club for which he made 169 MLS regular season appearances over the course of six seasons (2011-16). Fellow Fire midfielder Amando Moreno also is available for the Men In Red against his hometown and former club.
View complete lineups for both sides in the graphics below: